Dr. David O'Dell wins National Award for Teaching
During the 2021 Internal Medicine Meeting, Dr. O'Dell received the Jane F. Desforges Distinguished Teacher Award for 2019-2020. This national award is bestowed upon a Fellow or Master of the College who has demonstrated the ennobling qualities of a great teacher as judged by the acclaim and accomplishments of former students who have been inspired and achieved positions of leadership in the field of medical education, primarily as teachers.
Dr. Renuga Vivekanandan receives 2020 Walter J. O’Donohue, Jr. MD Award
The Walter J. O’Donohue, Jr. Award given by our Chapter honors a physician who embodies the qualities set by our late friend and colleague, an ardent supporter of the Nebraska Chapter: great leadership, scholarship and mentoring in his/her career. Dr. Renuga Vivekanandan, the 2020 recipient, is Assistant Dean of Strategy and Accreditation at Creighton University School of Medicine, board certified in internal medicine and infectious disease, a sought-after mentor and collaborator, and a nationally recognized researcher and speaker.
Meetings & Events View All
- Nebraska Chapter Student Abstract Competition
Thursday October 7, 2021 | 6:00-8:00 pm via Zoom
- Nebraska Chapter Resident Abstract Competition
Thursday October 14, 2021 | 6:00-8:00 pm via Zoom
- Nebraska Chapter 2021 Virtual Annual Meeting
October 30, 2021
Chapter News View All
- Notification of October Vote October 2021
- Nebraska Chapter receives 2021 Chapter Excellence Gold Award September 2021
- Governor's Newsletter September 2021
- 2021 Nebraska Chapter Awards Brochure September 2021
- ACP's Online CME & MOC Learning Center adds information on state-specific CME requirements Spring 2021
Toolkits & Resources View All
About the Chapter
More about the chapter
Links to Legislatures and online resources to contact your representatives and learn about key health policy issues. In addition, find information on local HPPC Committees as well as important Medicare updates.
Chapter Volunteer Opportunities
We've added more ways to get involved with ACP! Take a few minutes to complete your new Membership Engagement Profile.