ACP's High Value Care initiative aims to improve health, avoid harms, and eliminate wasteful practices.
The initiative addresses High Value Care broadly, offering learning resources for clinicians and medical educators, clinical guidelines, best practice advice, case studies, and patient resources on a wide variety of related topics. Some learning opportunities even offer free CME and MOC.
High Value Care Resources
Implement High Value Care principles into your practice or train residents to make cost-conscious decisions with ACP’s free High Value Care resources. Interactive cases, off-the shelf presentations, conversation guides, and toolkits allow you to practice making high-value decisions with your patients to improve outcomes while eliminating waste.
- High Value Care Cases CME/MOC
- UpdatedHigh Value Care Curriculum for Educators and Residents
- Cost of Care Conversations
- Pediatric to Adult Care Transitions Toolkit
- High Value Care Coordination Toolkit
- Video Learning Modules
Highlighted High Value Care Paper
Diagnosis and Management of Acute Left-Sided Colonic Diverticulitis: A Clinical Guideline From the American College of Physicians (2022)
ACP releases a new Clinical Guideline suggesting clinicians use abdominal CT imaging for patients when there is diagnostic uncertainty in a patient with suspected acute left-sided colonic diverticulitis; manage most patients with acute left-sided colonic diverticulitis in an outpatient setting; initially manage select patients acute uncomplicated left-sided colonic diverticulitis without antibiotics.
High Value Care Committee
The High Value Care Committee (HVCC) develops recommendations and resources focused on High Value Care that assist physicians to provide the best possible care to their patients while simultaneously reducing unnecessary costs to the healthcare system. The HVCC was previously called the High Value Care Task Force.
Disclosures of Interest for all members and ACP staff are reported, discussed, and resolved at the start of each High Value Care Committee meeting and conference call.
Disclosures of Interest
- February 6, 2018 HVCC Disclosures of Interests
- November 13, 2017 HVCTF Disclosure of Interests
- March 30, 2017 HVCTF Disclosure of Interests
- September 6, 2016 HVCTF Disclosure of Interests
- May 6, 2016 HVCTF Disclosure of Interests
- February 8, 2016 HVCTF Disclosure of Interests
- September 8, 2015 HVCTF Disclosure of Interests
- February 23, 2015 HVCTF Disclosure of Interests