You are here
High Value Care
ACP's High Value Care initiative aims to improve health, avoid harms, and eliminate wasteful practices.
The initiative addresses High Value Care broadly, offering learning resources for clinicians and medical educators, clinical guidelines, best practice advice, case studies and patient resources on a wide variety of related topics. Some learning opportunities even offer free CME and MOC.
Resources for Clinicians
The following free resources were created by ACP to help you implement High Value Care principles into your practice and focus on optimal diagnostic and treatment strategies, based upon considerations of value, effectiveness, and avoidance of overuse and misuse.
Resources for Medical Educators
These resources help medical educators teach the principles of High Value Care effectively and can also be used for faculty development.
- Curriculum for Residents
- Curriculum for Students
- Curriculum for Subspecialty Fellows
- Faculty Development
Resources for Patients
These resources represent a collaboration between ACP and Consumer Reports and are designed to help patients understand the importance of seeking appropriate care in order to maximize value and live a healthy life.
Highlighted High Value Care Paper
Hemoglobin A1c Targets for Glycemic Control With Pharmacologic Therapy for Nonpregnant Adults With Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus: A Guidance Statement Update From the American College of Physicians (2018)
An American College of Physicians' guidance statement to guide clinicians in selecting targets for pharmacologic treatment of type 2 diabetes.
High Value Care Committee
The High Value Care Committee (HVCC) develops recommendations and resources focused on High Value Care that assist physicians to provide the best possible care to their patients while simultaneously reducing unnecessary costs to the healthcare system. The HVCC was previously called the High Value Care Task Force.
Disclosures of Interest for all members and ACP staff are reported, discussed, and resolved at the start of each High Value Care Committee meeting and conference call.
Disclosures of Interest
- April 20, 2018 HVCC Disclosures of Interests
- February 6, 2018 HVCC Disclosures of Interests
- November 13, 2017 HVCTF Disclosure of Interests
- March 30, 2017 HVCTF Disclosure of Interests
- September 6, 2016 HVCTF Disclosure of Interests
- May 6, 2016 HVCTF Disclosure of Interests
- February 8, 2016 HVCTF Disclosure of Interests
- September 8, 2015 HVCTF Disclosure of Interests
- February 23, 2015 HVCTF Disclosure of Interests
- September 24, 2014 HVCTF Disclosure of Interests
- November 11, 2013 HVCTF Disclosure of Interests
- May 7, 2013 HVCTF Disclosure of Interests