You are here
Become an ACP Fellow (FACP®)
Fellowship in the American College of Physicians is a peer-reviewed and peer-supported credential that is a public reflection of excellence within the internal medicine profession. FACP signifies an ongoing dedication to the profession of internal medicine, the patients we care for, and the communities we serve.
The FACP credential signifies professional credibility and helps enhance and advance your career, regardless of your career path as an internal medicine physician. It adds value to your CV, your promotions package, and your applications for career development opportunities. Fellowship in ACP makes you eligible for leadership positions in ACP at both the chapter and national level.
Becoming a Fellow of the ACP pushes me every day to give my best to my patients and community. - Swati Mehta, MD, FACP
Am I Eligible?
If you can check all of these requirements ...
- At least 3 years’ experience post residency training
- ACP member in good standing for at least 3 full consecutive years
- Board certified in internal medicine or neurology
- Active medical license in good standing
- Teaching, either institutional or community-based
... and can demonstrate activity in at least one of these ...
... then you are ready to apply!
View the detailed list of Requirements for Advancing to Fellowship.
How to Apply
- Complete the application form
- Include your CV and $175 one-time Fellowship initiation fee
- Have two colleagues who are FACPs or MACPs submit Sponsor Forms on your behalf
View more details and tips about the application process.
Additional Information for ACP Fellows
You will have chances to do things as a Fellow that would otherwise have not been possible. - Jabraan Pasha, MD, FACP