You are here
Medical Educator Resources
ACP offers a comprehensive suite of resources for educators of medical students, residents, and subspecialty fellows.
Identify Learning Gaps and Prepare Learners for Exams
Use ACP's resources to identify and address learning gaps, while your learners use them to prepare for licensing exams.
IM Essentials is a combined physical and digital resource designed for 3rd- and 4th-year medical students. Prepare students for the internal medicine clerkship exam, sub-internship, and future intern activities.
Enhance Your Curriculum
Access prepared lecture slides, pre-packaged curricula, interactive learning tools, and resources for syllabus development.
Board Prep Curriculum
Ideal for residency programs, this is the most comprehensive prepackaged course in internal medicine to prepare for the board certification exam. It is also useful in preparing lectures.
Not a member? Join ACP day!
Take advantage of discounts and access to member-exclusive Medical Educator resources.
Interactive Opportunities for Educators and Learners
Encourage your learners to compete in ACP's local and national competitions and connect with other educators.
Physician Educators Forum
This forum is for ACP members who are educators to share experiences, methods, ideas, and questions related to medical education.
Publications for Educators and Learners
Access resources to supplement your personal learning and assist your learners.
Teaching Medicine Series
This 7-book series summarizes the collective experience and wisdom of expert medical educators.
Rewards Programs and Scholarships
Learn about our rewards for encouraging learners to join ACP and about our scholarship program for chief residents.
Waxman Center Scholarship for Chief Residents
Chiefs are invited to apply for an opportunity to teach popular clinical skills workshops under the guidance and mentorship of expert faculty.
More resources to help identify learning gaps and prepare learners for exams
- Board Review Courses - residents can attend our live courses offered regionally between May and July (discounted to members)
- Board Prep Ace Recordings - residents can study at their own pace by reviewing recordings of our live courses coupled with interactive questions
- Internal Medicine In-Training Exam (IM-ITE) - generate reports about your residents' performance on this web-based self-assessment exam
More resources to help enhance your curriculum
- ACP JournalWise - this article-sifting service can be used to conduct on-demand searches for articles to assign in your syllabus
- Adult Immunization & Quality Improvement for Residents Curriculum - this customizable mini-curriculum addresses the ACGME requirements for quality improvement
- HVC Curricula for Students, Residents, and Subspecialty Fellows - developed jointly with AAIM, these curricula help trainees learn how to evaluate the value of their care
- Beyond the Guidelines - multimedia feature within Annals that challenges learners about real patient cases whose situations don't fit traditional guidelines
- Annals Consult Guys - popular consultative medicine talk show with corresponding multiple-choice questions
- ACP Journal Club - monthly Annals feature that provides abstract reviews offering guidance and context in interpreting up to 12 high-impact articles
- ACP's Clinical Guidelines and Recommendations - unbiased, evidence-based material that provides a solid framework for teaching clinical reasoning
More interactive learning opportunities for educators and learners
- Doctor's Dilemma® - live "medical quiz bowl" competitions and mobile app
- Annals Fresh Look - new blog offering trainees and early career physicians the opportunity to reflect on Annals content
- Annals Virtual Patients - web-based simulation of the clinical experience allowing participants to evaluate, diagnose, and treat a virtual patient
More publications for educators and learners
- How to Report Statistics in Medicine - provides guidelines for reporting statistical analyses, research designs, and activities commonly used in biomedical research
- How to Write, Publish, and Present in the Health Sciences - presents skills and strategies to avoid rejection and create professional scientific communications
- Principles and Practice of Hospital Medicine - provides a solid grounding in clinical, organizational, and administrative areas central to the practice of hospital medicine