You are here
Medical Educator Resources
From clerkship rotations and conferences to exam prep and faculty development, ACP offers a comprehensive suite of resources for medical educators.
Identify Learning Gaps and Prepare Learners for Exams
Use ACP's resources to identify and address learning gaps, while your learners use them to prepare for licensing exams.
Board Review Courses
Offered regionally between May and July and discounted to members, ACP’s in-person courses offer excellent preparation for first-time ABIM exam-takers.
Enhance Your Curriculum
Access prepared lecture slides, pre-packaged curricula, interactive learning tools, and resources for syllabus development.
Board Prep Curriculum
Not only is this useful in preparing lectures, it is the most comprehensive prepackaged board preparation course in internal medicine.
Not a member? Join ACP today!
Take advantage of discounts and access to member-exclusive Medical Educator resources.
Interactive Opportunities for Educators and Learners
Encourage your learners to compete in ACP's local and national competitions and find ways to connect with other educators.
Physician Educators Forum
Share your experiences, methods, ideas, and questions related to medical education with other ACP members.
Publications for Educators and Learners
Access resources to supplement your personal learning as well as that of your learners.
Teaching Medicine Series
This 7-book series summarizes the collective experience and wisdom of expert medical educators.
Rewards Programs and Scholarships
Get rewarded for encouraging learners to join ACP, and learn about our scholarship program for chief residents.
Waxman Scholarship for Chief Residents
Chiefs are invited to apply for an opportunity to teach popular clinical skills workshops under the guidance and mentorship of expert faculty.
Get more tips on how to use these resources and more with your learners!
More resources to help identify learning gaps and prepare learners for exams
More resources to help enhance your curriculum
- ACP JournalWise - this article-sifting service can be used to conduct on-demand searches for articles to assign in your syllabus
- Resident Well-being Learning Series - three modules review strategies to foster well-being, mitigate burnout, and promote the value of collaborative learning environments and positive social interaction. Aligned with the new ACGME requirements for resident training in well-being.
- Adult Immunization & Quality Improvement for Residents Curriculum - this customizable mini-curriculum addresses the ACGME requirements for quality improvement
- HVC Curricula for Students, Residents, and Subspecialty Fellows - developed jointly with AAIM, these curricula help trainees learn how to evaluate the value of their care
- Beyond the Guidelines - use this multimedia feature within Annals to challenge learners about real patient cases whose situations don't fit traditional guidelines
- Annals Consult Guys - start a lecture with our popular consultative medicine talk show and engage learners using the corresponding multiple-choice questions
- ACP Journal Club - identify articles for your syllabus using this monthly Annals feature which includes abstract reviews, guidance, and context for interpretation
- ACP's Clinical Guidelines and Recommendations - unbiased, evidence-based material that provides a solid framework for teaching clinical reasoning
More interactive learning opportunities for educators and learners
- Doctor's Dilemma® - conduct a "medical quiz bowl” competition using content from our mobile app, and send the winning team to compete at your local chapter meeting
- Annals Fresh Look - point your residents to our resident- and early career physician-focused blog containing reflections on Annals content
- Annals Virtual Patients - work through a virtual case with your learners and discuss each decision from evaluation and diagnosis to treatment
More publications for educators and learners
- How to Report Statistics in Medicine - provides guidelines for reporting statistical analyses, research designs, and activities commonly used in biomedical research
- How to Write, Publish, and Present in the Health Sciences - presents skills and strategies to avoid rejection and create professional scientific communications
- Principles and Practice of Hospital Medicine - provides a solid grounding in clinical, organizational, and administrative areas central to the practice of hospital medicine