You are here
Local Links & Resources
Links to Affiliated Residencies in Internal Medicine
- Franklin Square Hospital
- Good Samaritan Hospital of Baltimore
- Greater Baltimore Medical Center
- Harbor Hospital Center
- Johns Hopkins/Bayview
- Johns Hopkins University
- Sinai Hospital of Baltimore
- Walter Reed National Military Medical Center (Bethesda)
- St. Agnes Hospital
- University of Maryland
- University of Maryland Medical Center Midtown Campus
Medical Student Resources
What is the Practice of Primary Care like?
This video provides insight into the answer to that question. You will be introduced to several primary care internal medicine physicians who practice in Maryland. Some practice in larger groups, some in smaller groups. But they all have something in common – they have a passion for the longitudinal relationships that they develop with their patients. Take a look, and see if primary care internal medicine is the right career path for you!
Early Career Physician Resources
Benefits and Pitfalls of Social Media in the Life of a Physician
We had an insightful session hosted by the Early Career Physicians Committee on November 3, 2014 about social media and its impact on the field of medicine. Take a few moments to read the main points of the discussion.
Maryland Chapter Council of Early Career Physicians
The Maryland Chapter has formed a Council of Early Career Physicians. Read about our mission and goals, and find out what you can do to get involved.
ACP Well-being and Professional Fulfillment
Check out ACP's well-being and professional fulfillment website for individual, community, and organizational well-being resources.
- Patients Before Paperwork is an ACP initiative designed to reinvigorate the patient-physician relationship by challenging unnecessary practice.
Crisis and Counseling Support
- For the Frontlines - free, 24/7. USA text 741741, UK text 85258, Canada text 741741
- Project Parachute pro bono teletherapy for Covid-19 frontliners
- The Physician Support Line - free and confidential
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255 and crisis text line at 741-741
- SAHMSA Disaster Distress Helpline: Call 1-800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746
CME for Well-being
Selected CME activities for well-being are now available on the ACP Well-being and Professional Fulfillment website. Activities include short ten-minute Mini but Mighty Skills for Well-being recordings as well as crisis and long-term well-being management webinars for individuals and communities. For questions about the well-being CME activities, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mini But Mighty Skills for Well-being
- COVID-19: Practical Advice and Support from Internists on the Front Lines
- Positive Psychology in Times of Crisis
- Optimizing Well-being, Practice Culture, and Professional Thriving in an Era of Turbulence
- Building Your Resilient Self
- Mindfulness in Medicine: What Physicians Need to Know
- ACP's Career Connection
- ACP JournalWise
- Annals of Internal Medicine
- Center for Ethics and Professionalism - focuses on policy development and implementation on issues related to medical ethics and professionalism
- Maintenance of Certification - ACP offers Recertification Assistance and Resources
- Physician & Practice Timeline
- Practice Advisor
- Practice Management Issues and Resources
- Quality Improvement: Pay-for-Performance and Practice Redesign - provides information and resources on ACP policies and activities related to the national health care quality movement
- Volunteering as a Physician