The Convocation of the American College of Physicians is an annual ceremony whereby the College recognizes and applauds its new Fellows and the recipients of various honors. It is a ceremony of tradition, transition, renewal, and celebration.
Thursday, April 27, 2023.
Convocation begins promptly at 6:00 p.m. and lasts approximately 80 minutes.
The Convocation ceremony will be held in:
San Diego Convention Center
San Diego, California
We encourage all guests and participants to be up to date on their COVID vaccinations. All guests and participants must follow masking requirements as posted at the San Diego Convention Center.
- Recipients of Fellowship elected since 2017 who have not previously participated in Convocation
- Current Governors
- Current Governors-Elect
- Chapter Award Recipients since 2019 who have not previously participated in Convocation
- Current and Past ACP Leaders
- Current members of the Board of Regents
- Current and Past ACP Executive Vice Presidents
- Honorary Fellowship recipients
- Special Representatives
- Mastership Recipients elected since 2019
- National Award Recipients since 2019
- ACP Senior Leadership Team
Note: Registered attendees on-location at an ACP meeting or event must be up to date with Covid-19 vaccination prior to the event. ACP permits registered attendees to attest to being vaccinated. More information on vaccination attestation to come.
Convocation is a non-ticketed event, open to the public. All guests are welcome. Please note: Convocation is a formal ceremony honoring the great achievements of the participants; guest conduct is expected to match the occasion.
- New FACPs Inductee Response Form
- Convocation Program (to come April 2023)
- New Fellows Instructions
- New Fellows FAQs
- Stage Party Instructions (For recipients of Mastership, national awards, Honorary Fellowship, Special Representatives, members of the Board of Regents, Officers Emeriti, EVPs Emeriti, and ACP Senior Leadership Team)
- Governors, Governors-elect, and Chapter Awardees Instructions