All applicants must meet the core eligibility requirements for Fellowship:
- Be an ACP member (Resident/Fellow Member or Member) in good standing for at least three years since completion of residency training
- Dues have been paid in full for the three of the four most recent years immediately prior to applying for Fellowship. Check dues status.*
- Initial certification in internal medicine (ABIM, AOBIM or neurology)
- Professional activity in internal medicine, a combined internal medicine specialty, the subspecialties of internal medicine, or neurology
- An active medical license in good standing (if in clinical practice)
In addition to the basic requirements, candidates for advancement to Fellowship should demonstrate activity within three of the four pillars of Fellowship.
For questions about eligibility requirements, please contact FACP@acponline.org.
*If elected to Fellowship while a Resident/Fellow Member and in fellowship training, you will be charged full membership dues and will be eligible for the full member discounts on ACP programs, products and services. We are unable to accept retroactive or pre-payment of dues to fulfill the membership requirement.