You are here
Assure effective governance structures and processes through education, recruitment, oversight and evaluation of the Board of Regents, Committees and Councils.
- Recruiting and nominating the ACP President-elect, Chair-elect of the Board of Regents, Chair-elect of the Board of Governors, the Treasurer and new Regent members of the Board of Regents.
- Overseeing nominations and election policy for all elected governance positions College-wide.
- Assuring effective culture and practices of the Board of Regents and its individual members through education and evaluation.
- Assessing and addressing the organization's governance needs.
- Overseeing appointments to committees and councils established by the Board of Regents.
- Assessing, managing and communicating Conflict of Interest disclosures.
- Implementing changes to the ACP Bylaws as requested and for approval by the Board of Regents and assuring College-wide compliance.
Immediate Past Chair BOR, who is Chair; Chair, BOR, who is the Vice Chair; Chair-elect, BOR; 2 Regents; 3 Governors (in years 2-4 of their terms); Chair-elect, BOG, Immediate-Past President.
Length of time to coincide with position held. Members-at-large serve one-year terms renewable up to three times for a total of four years, unless extended by the Chair, Board of Regents.
Douglas M. DeLong, MD, MACP (Immediate Past Chair, BOR)
Chief, Division of General Internal Medicine
Bassett Health Care
Assistant Clinical Professor of Medicine
College of Physicians and Surgeons
Specialties: IM/ GER
Heather E. Gantzer, MD, MACP (Chair, Board of Regents)
Internist, General Internal Medicine
Park Nicollet Clinic
Nocturnist, Park Nicollet Hospitalist Program
Specialties: IM/Hospital Medicine
Rebecca A. Andrews, MS, MD, FACP
(Chair-Elect, Board of Governors)
Director of Ambulatory Education
Associate Program Director, Internal Medicine Residency
Associate Professor of Medicine
CT Institute of Primary Care Innovation
Specialties: IM, CD
Sue S. Bornstein, MD, FACP (Regent)
Texas Medical Home Initiative
T. Brian Callister, MD, FACP, SFHM
Professor of Medicine
Director, Rural Medical Education
University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine
Specialties: IM, HOSP
Elisa Choi, MD, FACP, FIDSA
Chief of Internal Medicine, HVMA Somerville
Internal Medicine and Infectious Diseases/HIV Medicine Specialist
Harvard Medical School Faculty
Specialty: ID, IM
Thomas G. Cooney, MD, MACP
(Chair-Elect, Board of Regents)
Professor of Medicine
Vice Chair for Education
Oregon Health & Science University
Portland VA Medical Center
Matthew F. Hollon, MD, MPH, FACP
Clinical Professor, UW School of Medicine - Gonzaga University Regional Health Partnership
Associate Program Director, Providence IM Residency Spokane
Robert M. McLean, MD, MACP (Immediate Past President)
Full-Time Private Practice
Northeast Medical Group of Yale-New Haven Health System
Associate Clinical Professor
Yale School of Medicine
New Haven, CT
Specialties: IM, RHU
Ryan D. Mire, MD, FACP (Regent)
Heritage Medical Associates
Jacqueline W. Fincher, MD, MACP, (President)
McDuffie Medical Associates
Staff Liaison: Joanne Ey email@example.com