You are here
Public Policy & Advocacy
Are you a member of the Rhode Island Medical Society?
If so, use this link to contact your State Senators and Representatives - http://rimed.org/contact-your-legislator.asp.
If not, the RI Chapter of the ACP recommends membership in the Rhode Island Medical Society to all Chapter members. More information at http://rimed.org/for-members.asp.
Are you aware of the work of the Office of the Health Insurance Commissioner?
Mr. Christopher Koller has been a great friend of physicians and an effective advocate for their patients. More information is available at his office's website at http://www.ohic.ri.gov/.
Other Important Chapter Advocacy Information
If you have any further observations/comments/suggestions, send your feedback to Hilary Sweigart, ACP Rhode Island Chapter Executive Director.
Where the College Stands on key health policy issues, news and recent policy changes.
Visit Legislative Action Center for more information about the new Advocates for Internal Medicine Network (AIMn) and the Richard Neubauer Advocate for Internal Medicine Award.
State Health Policy Pages
- Consumer Web site: Affordable Care Act - site provides clear, trusted, concise, and easy to understand information by state, timeline, and patient characteristics (small business, under or over age 65, etc.).
- ACA Enrollment - help patients enroll in Health Insurance Marketplaces.
- AmericanEHR Partners - an interactive website designed to assist medical practices compare, select, and implement electronic health records.
- The ACP Advocate - bi-weekly, e-newsletter created to provide ACP members with news about public policy issues affecting internal medicine and patient care.
- The ACP Advocacy Blog by Bob Doherty
- Electronic Resolution System - find Chapter Sponsored Resolutions.
- Member Advocacy - other resources to help members advocate ACP policy.
- White House Health Reform Web site - useful state-by-state data that highlights the current status of health care and the need for reform.
- Public Policy Virtual Library (PPVL) - a repository of ACP's current and historic policies and the Policy Compendium.