Public Policy & Advocacy
Chapter Legislative Initiatives
Mission: To enhance the quality and effectiveness of health care by fostering excellence and professionalism in the practice of medicine.
2015 Florida Chapter Legislative Agenda
Florida Chapter State Advocacy Page
Florida Chapter Advocate E-News
Important Health & Public Policy Updates
2014 Tallahassee Legislative Session Final Report
Tallahassee Session Update - April 25, 2014
Tallahassee Session Update - April 14, 2014
Legislative Session Update - Week 5
Legislative Session Update - Week 3
Legislative Session Update - Week 2
Legislative Session Update - Week 1
Leadership Day 2015
The need for Medicine to make its voice heard in DC has never been greater. Consider joining us at the 23rd annual ACP Leadership Day. This event will be held on May 20-21, 2015 at the Westin Washington DC City Center, in Washington, DC. If you are interested in participating, please contact our chapter staff and let them know of your interest in being included in the chapter delegation.
Where the College Stands on key health policy issues, news and recent policy changes
Visit Legislative Action Center for more information about the new Advocates for Internal Medicine Network (AIMn) and the Richard Neubauer Advocate for Internal Medicine Award.
- Consumer Web site: Affordable Care Act- site provides clear, trusted, concise and understandable information--by state, by timeline, and by different patient characteristics (like small business, under or over age 65).
- ACA Enrollment Help patients enroll in Health Insurance Marketplaces.
- AmericanEHR Partners: an interactive website designed to assist medical practices compare, select, and implement electronic health records.
- The ACP Advocate: bi-weekly, e-newsletter created to provide ACP members with news about public policy issues affecting internal medicine and patient care.
- The ACP Advocate Blog by Bob Doherty
- Electronic Resolution System - find Chapter Sponsored Resolutions
- Member Advocacy - Other resources to help members advocate ACP policy
- White House Health Reform Web site - useful state-by-state data that highlights the current status of health care and the need for reform this year.
- Project Vote Smart - a comprehensive database that helps you identify federal and state legislators, through a zip code search, and research their positions, voting records, campaign finances, performance evaluations, and even send them an email.
- Public Policy Virtual Library (PPVL) - a repository of ACP's current and historic policies and the Policy Compendium.
Page Updated: 3/27/2015
- Florida Chapter Advocate E-News
- 2015 FL Chapter Annual Scientific Meeting Exhibitor Prospectus
- 2015 FL Chapter Residents & Medical Students Annual Meeting: Register Now!
- We are proud to announce that Cecil B. Wilson, MD, MACP was awarded the Chapter Centennial Legacy Award
- Florida Chapter Governors' Newsletter - December 2014
- Meet Our Governor-elect Designee, Jason M. Goldman, MD, FACP
- FL Grassroots Advocacy Center
- Member Accomplishments