You are here
Public Policy & Advocacy
Chapter Legislative Initiatives
Mission: To enhance the quality and effectiveness of health care by fostering excellence and professionalism in the practice of medicine.
2016 Florida Chapter Legislative Agenda
Florida Chapter State Advocacy Page
Leadership Day 2016
ACP Services, Inc. holds an annual advocacy day on Capitol Hill. This event provides an opportunity for ACP members to increase our presence in Washington and bring visibility to issues of common concern. Participants had the opportunity to meet with legislators and their staff on Capitol Hill. The Florida Chapter Delegation is shown below.
Florida Chapter Advocate E-News
Important Health & Public Policy Updates
Where the College Stands on key health policy issues, news and recent policy changes.
Visit Legislative Action Center for more information about the new Advocates for Internal Medicine Network (AIMn) and the Richard Neubauer Advocate for Internal Medicine Award.
State Health Policy Pages
- Consumer Web site: Affordable Care Act - site provides clear, trusted, concise, and easy to understand information by state, timeline, and patient characteristics (small business, under or over age 65, etc.).
- ACA Enrollment - help patients enroll in Health Insurance Marketplaces.
- AmericanEHR Partners - an interactive website designed to assist medical practices compare, select, and implement electronic health records.
- The ACP Advocate - bi-weekly, e-newsletter created to provide ACP members with news about public policy issues affecting internal medicine and patient care.
- The ACP Advocacy Blog by Bob Doherty
- Electronic Resolution System - find Chapter Sponsored Resolutions.
- Member Advocacy - other resources to help members advocate ACP policy.
- White House Health Reform Web site - useful state-by-state data that highlights the current status of health care and the need for reform.
- Public Policy Virtual Library (PPVL) - a repository of ACP's current and historic policies and the Policy Compendium.