You are here
News & Meetings
Save the Date! - 2017 Chapter Scientific Meeting
September 28-30, 2017
St. Patrick Hospital
- Submit an Abstract - Deadline: August 18, 2017
Montana Chapter Receives 2016 Chapter Excellence Award
The award recognizes chapters which successfully meet the standards for managing a chapter. In order to achieve the Chapter Excellence Award, chapters must meet all basic criteria and ten optional criteria. Criteria include such activities as formulating an effective Governor's Council and committees, communicating frequently with membership, providing educational opportunities, recruiting and advancing members and celebrating membership through local awards.
2017 Big Sky Meeting - Thank You for Attending!
February 16-18, 2017
The Lodge at Big Sky
Meeting Slide Presentations
- Big Sky Wellness - Pamela Hiebert, MD, FACP
- Updates in Rheumatology - John McCahan, MD, MS
- Clostridium Dificile: Update on Diagnosis, Treatment, and Prevention - Claude Tonnerre, MD, FACP
- Endocrine Emergencies - Brian Rose, MD
- Evaluation and Management of Urinary Retention - Nathaniel Readal, MD
- Evaluation of Shortness of Breath: How to Avoid Pitfalls and Make a Timely Diagnosis - Gyorgy Mundruczo, MD
- Polypharmacy and Deprescribing: A Guide for Hospitalists - Kristin Hueftle, MD, PGY4
- Zika Virus - Linda Waring, MD
- Lifestyle Modification in Secondary Prevention - Sharon Hecker, MD, FACC
- Checkpoint Inhibitors: The Dream of Immunotherapy - James Hueftle, MD, FACP
2016 Annual Chapter Scientific Meeting - Thank You for Attending!
September 8 - 10, 2016
Great Northern Hotel
WWAMI Recruitment Party Photos
We had a terrific WWAMI recruitment party. Enjoy photos from the event, and plan on joining us next time!
Dr. Ron Loge Continues the Tradition of Excellence in Medicine by Awarding Medical Scholarship to Deserving Student
Years ago, Dr. Loge created the Medical Scholarship Fund which has been augmented since by generous gifts from many supportive donors. The scholarship was established to assist Beaverhead County and Ruby Valley high school graduates as they pursue a medical degree from accredited U.S. medical schools. Upon the request of a major donor, the fund was re-named the Loge Family Medical Scholarship Fund. Read more.
Meet Our Governor
Dr. Larson Featured on Radio Show
Our former chapter Governor, Dr. Larson, was recently interviewed by Yellowstone Public Radio about his decision to stop seeing Medicare/Medicaid patients. Listen to the full interview.
Health Information Booklet
As part of the Montana Chapter's strategic planning initiative, Dr. Larson (the Chapter Governor) has developed a health information booklet that can be customized and given out to patients.
Download a Word version of the Health Information Booklet
University of Washington Grand Rounds Archive
As one of the WWAMI states, the University of Washington can offer educational opportunities. One opportunity is Grand Rounds. Being in a rural state, Grand Rounds at a University hospital is not an option, until now. The University of Washington has their Grand Rounds archived.