You are here
News & Meetings
Save the Dates!
2017 Hospitalist Meeting
February 16-18, 2017
The Lodge at Big Sky
75 Sitting Bull Road
2017 Chapter Scientific Meeting
September 28-30, 2017
St. Patrick Hospital
2016 Annual Chapter Scientific Meeting - Thank You for Attending!
September 8 - 10, 2016
Great Northern Hotel
Meeting Slide Presentations
- Acute Renal Failure after Presentation with FUO Case Study and Review - Robert LaClair, MD
- Adrenal Incidentalomas - Brian Robinson, DO
- Advanced Care Planning on a Community-Wide Scale - Julie Campbell, MS4
- Busting Medical Myths When Dogma is for the Dogs - Douglas Paauw, MD, MACP
- Caring for Patients with Suicide Risk: Building a Foundation for Assessment, Screening, and Treatment - Karl Rosston, LCSW
- Case Presentation - Mark D. Winton, MD FACP
- Fostering Excellence & Professionalism in Internal Medicine - Carrie Horwitch MD, MPH, FACP
- The Fourth Aim: Improving Healthcare Clinicial Wellness - Carrie Horwitch MD, MPH, FACP
- Navigating Cancer with the Help of Palliative Care: A Family’s Perspective - Natalie Munger
- Nerve Entrapments Frequently Seen & Commonly Missed - Phillip M. Steele, MD
- Opioids and Chronic Non-Cancer Pain - Matthew Hollon, MD, MPH, FACP
- Palliative Care and Prognostication: Tools for Providing Personalized Care - Katherine Dietrich, DO, FACP, HMDC
- Sepsis or Severe Sepsis? - Steven Q Simpson, MD, FCCP, FACP
- Sepsis, The Imperfect Storm - Lee Toman, MD, FACP
- Why Did This Heart Break? - Sarah H. Fenton, MD, FACC
Claiming CME and MOC Points
Attendees must complete the quiz and submit the results no later than March 30, 2017 to claim MOC points.
WWAMI Recruitment Party Photos
We had a terrific WWAMI recruitment party. Enjoy photos from the event, and plan on joining us next time!
Dr. Ron Loge Continues the Tradition of Excellence in Medicine by Awarding Medical Scholarship to Deserving Student
Years ago, Dr. Loge created the Medical Scholarship Fund which has been augmented since by generous gifts from many supportive donors. The scholarship was established to assist Beaverhead County and Ruby Valley high school graduates as they pursue a medical degree from accredited U.S. medical schools. Upon the request of a major donor, the fund was re-named the Loge Family Medical Scholarship Fund. Read more.
Meet Our Governor
Dr. Larson Featured on Radio Show
Our former chapter Governor, Dr. Larson, was recently interviewed by Yellowstone Public Radio about his decision to stop seeing Medicare/Medicaid patients. Listen to the full interview.
Health Information Booklet
As part of the Montana Chapter's strategic planning initiative, Dr. Larson (the Chapter Governor) has developed a health information booklet that can be customized and given out to patients.
Download a Word version of the Health Information Booklet
University of Washington Grand Rounds Archive
As one of the WWAMI states, the University of Washington can offer educational opportunities. One opportunity is Grand Rounds. Being in a rural state, Grand Rounds at a University hospital is not an option, until now. The University of Washington has their Grand Rounds archived. Check them out at: http://depts.washington.edu/medweb/conferences/GRarchive.html