You are here
News & Meetings
Thank You for Attending! - 2018 Big Sky Meeting
Yellowstone Conference Center
DEADLINE: MOC Points must be claimed by December 28, 2018.
2018 Big Sky Meeting Presentations
- Antibiotics Before and After Surgery - Claude Tonnerre, MD, FACP
- Anticoagulation Bridging and its Challenges - Raheel Khalid, MD
- Challenging Cases in Perioperative Medicine - Kylie Ebner, DO
- Coagulopathy in Chronic Liver Disease - Gulara Hajiyeva, MD
- Fraility - Kathryn Borgenicht, MD, FACP
- Introduction to the Perisurgical Home - Jessica Hoge, MD
- Perioperative Cardiac Management - Emma Sargsyan, MD
- Perioperative Pulmonary Assessment - Jim Yturri, MD, FACP, FHM
- Preoperative Cardiac Risk Assessment - Preston Schneider, MD
- Qualitative Analysis of Internal Medicine Physician Recruitment and Retention in Rural Montana and Northern Wyoming - Robert A. Renjel, JD, MBBS, PGY2
Spring 2018 BOG Resolutions
Twenty-three (23) resolutions will be heard at the Spring 2018 Board of Governors (BOG) Meeting in New Orleans. Please review each resolution and then indicate your support or opposition by completing the electronic response form by Tuesday, March 27.
The ACP Western Chapters and the Canadian Society of Internal Medicine Annual Meeting
October 10-13, 2018
The Banff Centre
Banff, Alberta, Canada
Click for information
Montana Chapter Receives 2017 Chapter Excellence Award
The award recognizes chapters which successfully meet the standards for managing a chapter. In order to achieve the Chapter Excellence Award, chapters must meet all basic criteria and ten optional criteria. Criteria include such activities as formulating an effective Governor's Council and committees, communicating frequently with membership, providing educational opportunities, recruiting and advancing members and celebrating membership through local awards.
Save the Date! - 2018 Chapter Scientific Meeting
September 6-8, 2018
Double Tree Hotel
Thank You for Attending! - 2017 Chapter Scientific Meeting
September 28-30, 2017
St. Patrick Hospital
- 2017 Big Sky Meeting
- WWAMI Recruitment Party - We had a terrific WWAMI recruitment party. Plan on joining us next time!
Dr. Ron Loge Continues the Tradition of Excellence in Medicine by Awarding Medical Scholarship to Deserving Student
Years ago, Dr. Loge created the Medical Scholarship Fund which has been augmented since by generous gifts from many supportive donors. The scholarship was established to assist Beaverhead County and Ruby Valley high school graduates as they pursue a medical degree from accredited U.S. medical schools. Upon the request of a major donor, the fund was re-named the Loge Family Medical Scholarship Fund. Read more.
Meet Our Governor
Dr. Larson Featured on Radio Show
Our former chapter Governor, Dr. Larson, was recently interviewed by Yellowstone Public Radio about his decision to stop seeing Medicare/Medicaid patients. Listen to the full interview.
Health Information Booklet
As part of the Montana Chapter's strategic planning initiative, Dr. Larson (the Chapter Governor) has developed a health information booklet that can be customized and given out to patients.
Download a Word version of the Health Information Booklet
University of Washington Grand Rounds Archive
As one of the WWAMI states, the University of Washington can offer educational opportunities. One opportunity is Grand Rounds. Being in a rural state, Grand Rounds at a University hospital is not an option, until now. The University of Washington has their Grand Rounds archived.