You are here
Beginner and advanced medical coding resources, including member exclusive content and ACP's Coding for Clinicians subscription series.
Improve your coding skills to represent the true complexity of your patient care and secure appropriate compensation for your professional services with ACP coding resources.
Get the most out of ACP's coding resource suite by subscribing to ACP Coding for Clinicians, providing interactive learning modules to help you code smarter and ensure maximum payment. CME/MOC available.
Diagnosis Coding and Core Knowledge
Learn about the diagnosis and service coding systems used by all billing clinicians.
- The Relationship Between ACP and Other Specialty Societies Serving on the RUC ACP Member Exclusive
Hierarchical Condition Categories and Value-Based Payment
Succeed in value-based payment programs by coding more accurate diagnoses and capturing hierarchical condition categories (HCCs).
- Hierarchical Condition Category (HCC) Coding: What’s in it for me? Subscribers Only
- Informational Webinar on Value-Based Payments ACP Member Exclusive
Inpatient Evaluation and Management
Properly report initial hospital day codes 99221-99223 and subsequent hospital day codes 99231-99233.
Guidance and Tools
- Inpatient/Facility Evaluation and Management Codes ACP Member Exclusive
- Inpatient Coding: Thinking Inside the Box Subscribers Only
Inpatient Special Topics
Select hospital discharge day codes 99238 and 99239, observation codes 99217-99220 and 99234-99236, time-based inpatient initial and daily care codes, critical care codes 99291 and 99292, ventilator management codes 94002-94004, prolonged service codes 99356 and 99357, and consultation codes 99241-99245 and 99251-99255.
Pediatric Inpatient Care
Select neonatal care codes 99460-99469, delivery room service codes 99464 and 99465, neonatal and pediatric critical care codes 99471-99476, neonatal intensive care codes 99477-99480, critical care time codes 99291 and 99292, and common separable procedure codes.
Select outpatient service codes 99202-99205 and 99211-99215 using the new 2021 guidelines.
Guidance and Tools
- Outpatient Evaluation and Management Codes ACP Member Exclusive
- Primary Care Do’s and Don’ts for Clinical Documentation
- Medical Specialty Do’s and Don’ts for Clinical Documentation
- COVID-19 Coding and Billing ACP Member Exclusive
- Outpatient Coding: Getting Paid for What You Do Subscribers Only
Outpatient Prolonged Services
Properly report adult preventive medicine visits codes 99385-99387 and 99395-99397, well-child service codes 99381-99384 and 99391-99394, the “Welcome to Medicare” visit codes G0402-G0405, Medicare Annual Wellness Visits codes G0438-G0439, advance care planning codes 99497 and 99498, and modifier -33.
Concurrent Procedures and E/M Services
Concurrent Preventive and E/M Services
Represent the complexity of preventive services through use of modifiers -25 and –33 and by reporting substance use counseling codes 99406-99409, advance care planning codes 99497 and 99498, intensive behavioral therapy for obesity code G0447, pediatric clinical assessment codes 96110 and 96127, and pediatric health risk assessment codes 96160 and 96161.
Guidance for Teachers, Residents, and Students
Teach and code with confidence in both inpatient and outpatient settings. Learn federal guidance for documentation and supervision of care provided with medical students and residents, modifier -GC, primary care exception modifier -GE, and moonlighting regulations.
Chronic and Transitional Care Management
Correctly capture revenue for longitudinal team care of complex patients using Remote Physiologic Monitoring codes, Chronic Care Management codes, and Transitional Care Management codes.
Guidance and Tools
- Chronic Care Management (CCM)
- Toolkit ACP Member Exclusive
- Continuous Glucose Monitoring
ACP Advocacy to Improve Physician Payment
Learn about ACP’s advocacy focused on improving physician payment and the RVS Update Committee (RUC) process in which ACP participates to help develop relative value recommendations for codes.
- Physician Fee Schedule and Quality Payment Program
- Evaluation and Management
- Understanding the RUC Process