You are here
COVID-19 Practice Management Resources
These resources are intended to help practices manage the non-clinical aspects of the pandemic. Any new clinical guidance for physicians will be posted on ACP’s COVID-19 resource page.
- On June 11, HHS issued guidance regarding reporting requirements and timeline for spending Provider Relief Fund payments. Click here for more information or go to this page for more details about Provider Relief Fund and the revised Payments and Reporting Requirements.
- Effective 6/8/21, Medicare will pay an additional $35 (for a total of $75) to administer the COVID-19 vaccine to beneficiaries in a private residence, assisted living facility, or group home. Medicare will pay the additional amount if the sole reason for the visit is to administer the COVID-19 vaccine. Click here for more information.
- For information for physician practices as employers and information to help your patients learn more about vaccination, go here.
- Vaccine information and resources to help practices plan for education and administration of COVID-19 vaccines can be found on ACP’s Coronavirus Vaccine Resources page.
- On June 10, 2021, OSHA released new emergency temporary standards related to COVID-19 that apply to most physician offices. Here's a fact sheet, a summary, a flow sheet to determine who is covered, and FAQs.
COVID-19 Coding & Billing
COVID-specific codes for diagnosis, testing, vaccines, PPE, and cost-sharing.
Telehealth Guidance & Resources
How to code and bill for telehealth during the COVID-19 emergency, including video visits, remote monitoring, telephone calls, workflow modifications, CPT and ICD10 codes, modifiers, allowed technologies, and testing.
State and Private Payer Policies
Keep up with payer and state-specific policy updates and flexibilities, including testing, cost sharing, prescriptions, and “provider” enrollment.
Practice Management Issues
Managing supplies, testing, personnel, medico-legal concerns, and looking toward re-opening.
Practice Financial Assistance
Information about how to access financial assistance, including new payroll assistance, loans, and grants; manage personnel shortages; and access supplies and testing.
COVID-19 Recovery: Team-Based Care Toolkit
This ACP-developed toolkit features team-based resources to help physicians, their teams, and their patients optimize team-based care during and after a pandemic. Topic areas include steps to optimal team-based care, effectiveness of team-based care in a pandemic, using telehealth to manage high-risk chronic conditions, informing patients about changes in practice, and sustaining teams and positive changes.