You are here
COVID-19 Practice Management Resources
These resources are intended to help practices manage the non-clinical aspects of the pandemic. Any new clinical guidance for physicians will be posted on ACP’s COVID-19 resource page.
- The Paycheck Protection Program application deadline has been extended to May 31. In addition, the Employee Retention Credit has been extended – this is a retroactive refund opportunity. Go here for more details.
- For information for physician practices as employers and information to help your patients learn more about vaccination, go here.
- Vaccine information and resources to help practices plan for education and administration of COVID-19 vaccines can be found on ACP’s Coronavirus Vaccine Resources page.
- The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) is re-launching its COVID-19 Telehealth Program. Physician practices can submit for reimbursement for documented eligible expenses paid in order to provide telemedicine services that occurred between March 13 and December 31, 2020. Applications must be submitted during the one-week period between Thursday, April 29 at noon ET and Thursday, May 6 at noon ET. For more information go here.
- Secretary Becerra has extended the public health emergency (PHE) for COVID-19 effective April 21, 2021. This extension effectively extends all telehealth waivers and other flexibilities at least for the next 90 days until July 20, 2021, unless and until it is further extended.
COVID-19 Coding & Billing
COVID-specific codes for diagnosis, testing, vaccines, PPE, and cost-sharing.
Telehealth Guidance & Resources
How to code and bill for telehealth during the COVID-19 emergency, including video visits, remote monitoring, telephone calls, workflow modifications, CPT and ICD10 codes, modifiers, allowed technologies, and testing.
State and Private Payer Policies
Keep up with payer and state-specific policy updates and flexibilities, including testing, cost sharing, prescriptions, and “provider” enrollment.
Practice Management Issues
Managing supplies, testing, personnel, medico-legal concerns, and looking toward re-opening.
Practice Financial Assistance
Information about how to access financial assistance, including new payroll assistance, loans, and grants; manage personnel shortages; and access supplies and testing.
COVID-19 Recovery: Team-Based Care Toolkit
This ACP-developed toolkit features team-based resources to help physicians, their teams, and their patients optimize team-based care during and after a pandemic. Topic areas include steps to optimal team-based care, effectiveness of team-based care in a pandemic, using telehealth to manage high-risk chronic conditions, informing patients about changes in practice, and sustaining teams and positive changes.