You are here
COVID-19 Practice Management Resources
This toolkit is intended to help practices now and in the coming weeks make adjustments due to COVID-19. Any new clinical guidance for physicians will be posted on ACP’s COVID-19 resource page.
- COVID-19 Recovery: Team-Based Care Toolkit: This ACP-developed toolkit features team-based resources to help physicians, their teams, and their patients optimize team-based care during and after a pandemic.
- Beginning October 5, physicians may apply for a third distribution of Provider Relief Fund payments to cover financial losses and changes in operating expenses. The application portal will be open October 5 through November 6, 2020. Read the full announcement here to see if you are eligible and the how the payment will be distributed. Additional details can be found here as soon as they are available.
- The Continuing Appropriations Act, 2021 and Other Extensions Act (H.R.8337), effective 10/1/2020, includes changes to the Medicare Accelerated and Advance Payment Program that eases some of the repayment terms and timelines for physicians who received payments. Click here for more details regarding the changes.
- HHS has released new guidance on reporting requirements (regarding how the funds were spent and lost revenue) for practices that received payments from the Provider Relief Fund. The reporting system will be available in early 2021 (not October as previously planned).
- On Sept 8, 2020, the AMA released 2 new CPT codes – 86413 (to report quantitative antibody detection) and 99072 (to report additional practice expenses during a public health emergency [PHE]). Due to the newness of the codes, these may not be paid yet so it is important to check with your payers regarding coverage. For more information see our COVID-19 Coding page.
- Need help planning for gradual re-opening? These resources include creative staffing and workflow modifications, infection control checklist, testing strategies, patient communication templates and FAQs, and more.
COVID-specific codes for diagnosis, testing, PPE, and cost-sharing.
Telehealth Guidance & Resources
How to code and bill for telehealth during the COVID-19 emergency, including video visits, remote monitoring, telephone calls, workflow modifications, CPT and ICD10 codes, modifiers, allowed technologies, and testing.
State and Private Payer Policies
Keep up with payer and state-specific policy updates and flexibilities, including testing, cost sharing, prescriptions, and “provider” enrollment.
Practice Management Issues
Managing supplies, testing, personnel, medico-legal concerns, and looking toward re-opening.
Practice Financial Assistance
Information about how to access financial assistance, including new payroll assistance, loans, and grants; manage personnel shortages; and access supplies and testing.
COVID-19 Recovery: Team-Based Care Toolkit
This ACP-developed toolkit features team-based resources to help physicians, their teams, and their patients optimize team-based care during and after a pandemic. Topic areas include steps to optimal team-based care, effectiveness of team-based care in a pandemic, using telehealth to manage high-risk chronic conditions, informing patients about changes in practice, and sustaining teams and positive changes.