You are here
COVID-19 Practice Management Resources
This toolkit is intended to help practices now and in the coming weeks make adjustments due to COVID-19. Any new clinical guidance for physicians will be posted on ACP’s COVID-19 resource page.
- The PHE declaration has been renewed for another 90 days effective 1/21/2021.
- The COVID Omnibus law (HR 133) passed on December 21, 2020, expanded the allowable and forgivable expenses for the Paycheck Protection Program, including some IT related expenses and PPE. The rule also simplifies the application process for loans <$150,000 and includes money for EIDL grants in low income communities. More details can be found here. As more guidance becomes available, check back here.
- On December 16, HHS began distributing Phase 3 Provider Relief Funds. See the announcement. For more information about the Phase 3 distribution go here.
- Vaccine administration codes and payment is now available.
- Vaccine information and resources to help practices plan for education and administration of COVID-19 vaccines can be found in Chapter 19 of COVID-19: ACP Physician’s Guide+Resources.
- The PHE declaration is set to expire on January 21, 2021. We expect it to be renewed but will post here if and when it is.
COVID-specific codes for diagnosis, testing, vaccines, PPE, and cost-sharing.
Telehealth Guidance & Resources
How to code and bill for telehealth during the COVID-19 emergency, including video visits, remote monitoring, telephone calls, workflow modifications, CPT and ICD10 codes, modifiers, allowed technologies, and testing.
State and Private Payer Policies
Keep up with payer and state-specific policy updates and flexibilities, including testing, cost sharing, prescriptions, and “provider” enrollment.
Practice Management Issues
Managing supplies, testing, personnel, medico-legal concerns, and looking toward re-opening.
Practice Financial Assistance
Information about how to access financial assistance, including new payroll assistance, loans, and grants; manage personnel shortages; and access supplies and testing.
COVID-19 Recovery: Team-Based Care Toolkit
This ACP-developed toolkit features team-based resources to help physicians, their teams, and their patients optimize team-based care during and after a pandemic. Topic areas include steps to optimal team-based care, effectiveness of team-based care in a pandemic, using telehealth to manage high-risk chronic conditions, informing patients about changes in practice, and sustaining teams and positive changes.