You are here
Public Policy & Advocacy
Latest News from MN-ACP Public Policy and Advocacy
- MN-ACP Anti-Racism Statement and Action (July 2020)
- MN Department of Human Services has received a federal waiver effective April 1, 2020 to cover expanded telemedicine services. See the update to the MN Medicaid/MHCP Provider manual with information and billing details. Thank you to ACP member and MN DHS Medical Director, Dr. Nathan Chomilo for providing this information.
- April 8th Governor Walz Executive Order 20- 32, “Ensuring that Healthcare Providers Can Respond Quickly and Safely During the COVID-19 Peacetime Emergency” includes details of variances that apply to health https://www.leg.state.mn.us/archive/execorders/20-32.pdf
- MN-ACP has contracted for a new legislative monitor, Eric Dick, with the MN Medical Association.
ACP Advocacy Resources
Where the College Stands on key health policy issues, news and recent policy changes.
Visit Legislative Action Center for more information about the new Advocates for Internal Medicine Network (AIMn) and the Richard Neubauer Advocate for Internal Medicine Award.
State Health Policy Pages
- Consumer Web site: Affordable Care Act - site provides clear, trusted, concise, and easy to understand information by state, timeline, and patient characteristics (small business, under or over age 65, etc.).
- ACA Enrollment - help patients enroll in Health Insurance Marketplaces.
- The ACP Advocate - bi-weekly, e-newsletter created to provide ACP members with news about public policy issues affecting internal medicine and patient care.
- The ACP Advocacy Blog by Bob Doherty
- Electronic Resolution System - find Chapter Sponsored Resolutions.
- Member Advocacy - other resources to help members advocate ACP policy.
- Public Policy Virtual Library (PPVL) - a repository of ACP's current and historic policies and the Policy Compendium.