You are here
Public Policy & Advocacy
Covered California Slide Presentations
President of California Services Chapter of the American College of Physicians
Chwen-Yuen Angie Chen, FACP, FASAM, begins her two-year term as President of CA ACP Services Chapter, and succeeds Immediate Past President Alpesh Amin, MD, MBA, MACP. Learn more about Dr. Chen here.
Covered California Webinars
The California Academy of Family Physicians (CAFP) is hosting some Webinars on Covered California, which you can view here.
Local Advocacy Information
Where the College Stands on key health policy issues, news and recent policy changes.
Visit Legislative Action Center for more information about the new Advocates for Internal Medicine Network (AIMn) and the Richard Neubauer Advocate for Internal Medicine Award.
State Health Policy Pages
- Consumer Web site: Affordable Care Act - site provides clear, trusted, concise, and easy to understand information by state, timeline, and patient characteristics (small business, under or over age 65, etc.).
- ACA Enrollment - help patients enroll in Health Insurance Marketplaces.
- AmericanEHR Partners - an interactive website designed to assist medical practices compare, select, and implement electronic health records.
- The ACP Advocate - bi-weekly, e-newsletter created to provide ACP members with news about public policy issues affecting internal medicine and patient care.
- The ACP Advocacy Blog by Bob Doherty
- Electronic Resolution System - find Chapter Sponsored Resolutions.
- Member Advocacy - other resources to help members advocate ACP policy.
- White House Health Reform Web site - useful state-by-state data that highlights the current status of health care and the need for reform.
- Public Policy Virtual Library (PPVL) - a repository of ACP's current and historic policies and the Policy Compendium.