Resident Career Counseling, Guidance and Tips
Training, Certification, and Licensing
- Information about Subspecialty Careers and Certificates of Added Qualifications
- Fellowship Training Requirements
- Determining the Pass-Fail Standards for the Boards and Disclosing Examination Results
- State Educational Requirements for Medical Licensing
- Tips for Residency: First Year | Second Year | Third Year
Internal Medicine Practice and Career Options
Searching for the Right Medical Career Opportunity
The Contract, Compensation, and Malpractice Insurance
- Physician Compensation Methods (MGMA)
- Restrictive Covenants (Non-complete clauses or non-competition agreements)
- Malpractice Insurance
- Understanding Capitation
- Assessing the Financial Solvency of a Managed Care Organization
- Pay-for-performance programs
- Medicare Benefits
- Medicare Financing and Payments
- Medicare Claims Processing
- A Last Look at the Contract
Setting Up the Practice
Real Lives of Practicing Internists
Read biographies of practicing ACP members that first appeared in IMPact, the ACP monthly newsletter for medical students. These inspiring physicians share what motivated them to become physicians as well as why they chose their particular type of practice.
ACP Career Connection's
Job Search Advantage
Search for jobs that suit your internal medicine and/or specialty career path. Register as a Job Seeker for additional benefits.
- Build, edit and store your Job Seeker Profile
- Select Early Job Notifier to have job alerts e-mailed to you
Resident/Fellow Member Benefits: ACP offers Resident/Fellow Membership for internal medicine residents and subspecialty fellows-in-training.
Join ACP: Take advantage of members only benefits by becoming a Resident/Fellow member of ACP today.
Find a Mentor
Find an experienced physician who can answer your questions about internal medicine.
Earn CME Credits with ACP
ACP offers internists many CME options for the completion of AMA PRA Category 1 CME Credits™. Attend live meetings, work online, or watch course recordings on your own schedule.
Explore our many CME credit options.
Volunteer through ACP
ACP recognizes the importance of volunteerism and community service at both the national and local levels as part of its commitment to universal access to health care. View current volunteer opportunities and network with other ACP member volunteers today.
The Next-Generation Clinical Information Resource
DynaMed Plus is a collaboration between ACP and EBSCO Health. ACP members enjoy free access to this comprehensive tool that optimizes time to answer for busy clinicians, like you. Get started now!