This article summarizes the ACP/Annals virtual forum on the management of overweight and obesity held on 8 March 2023.
Use this article to:
- Watch the video of the program. Stop the video after the presentation of each clinical scenario and ask yourself how you would approach the situation.
- List medical conditions that are caused or worsened by overweight and obesity.
- If able, ask a surgeon who does bariatric procedures to describe the various procedures that are available and their advantages and disadvantages.
- Review the medications that are currently approved to treat obesity.
- Examine ways to address overweight and obesity without stigmatizing patients.
Annals of Internal Medicine is the premier internal medicine academic journal published by the American College of Physicians (ACP). It is one of the most widely cited and influential specialty medical journals in the world.