If you are unable to login, please try clearing your cookies. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Public Policy & Advocacy
ACP Leadership Day on Capitol Hill
ACP’s annual national advocacy event, Leadership Day, will take place in Washington, D.C. this year on May 14-15. Leadership Day enables the College to increase its presence on Capitol Hill and advocate directly with Congress in support of legislation directly impacting internal medicine physicians and their patients. To help our members prepare for Leadership Day, we have developed a frequently asked questions (FAQs) document with logistical information for the event. The FAQs can be accessed here.
REGISTER NOW FOR LEADERSHIP DAY 2024 – DEADLINE APRIL 15
Online registration is now open for Leadership Day 2024 here. The event will include educational briefings, advocacy training, lively Q&A, and an opportunity to meet with your members of Congress. A $50 registration fee will be charged to attendees at the time of registration, except for medical students and resident/fellows in-training members, who are exempt. The deadline to register is Monday, April 15.
MAKE YOUR HOTEL RESERVATIONS – DEADLINE APRIL 15
A room block has been designated for Leadership Day attendees at the Westin Washington, DC Downtown hotel in Washington, D.C., located at 999 9th Street, NW, at the discounted rate of $369 per night. Hotel reservations can be made online at: American College of Physicians Leadership Day. Please ask for the “American College of Physician’s Leadership Day” event if you are making your reservation by phone. The deadline to make hotel reservations is Monday, April 15. If you are unable to acquire a room in our block, please contact Shuan Tomlinson at email@example.com.
ACP Advocacy Resources
Where the College Stands on key health policy issues, news and recent policy changes.
Visit Legislative Action Center for more information about the new Advocates for Internal Medicine Network (AIMn) and the Richard Neubauer Advocate for Internal Medicine Award.
- The ACP Advocate - a bi-weekly e-newsletter that provides ACP members with news about public policy issues affecting internal medicine and patient care.
- ACP Board of Governors Resolution Guide for ACP Members - describes the purpose of and process for initiating a resolution. A how-to on drafting a resolution that allows members to shape ACP policy that impacts the practice of internal medicine.
- Electronic Resolution System - find Chapter Sponsored Resolutions
- Member Advocacy - other resources to help members advocate ACP policy
- The Policy Library - a repository of ACP's current and historic policies and the Policy Compendium