You are here
Public Policy & Advocacy
Leadership Day on Capitol Hill
2017 Leadership Day
Mandarin Oriental Hotel, Washington, D.C.
We have great news for members who are interested in public policy and advocacy!
The 25th annual Leadership Day on Capitol Hill will be held May 23 - 24, 2017 at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in Washington, D.C.
Leadership Day is a great opportunity for ACP and its members to increase their presence on Capitol Hill and bring visibility to issues of common concern.
In addition to having an opportunity to meet with your legislators and staff in Washington, D.C., participants are provided with in-depth briefings from White House officials, Capitol Hill staffers, and members of Congress; all of whom are among the top health care decision makers. Participants will also receive a comprehensive orientation on ACP’s top legislative priorities.
The full-day orientation and briefings by key Administration officials and congressional staff will occur on Tuesday, May 23. Visits to Capitol Hill to meet with legislators will take place throughout the day on Wednesday, May 24.
If you are interested in attending Leadership Day, please contact and coordinate with your Chapter Governor.
Visit the Leadership Day page to register for Leadership Day and access briefing materials. Hotel arrangements can be made online. For more information, please contact Shuan Tomlinson via email or at or 800-338-2746, ext. 4547.
Where the College Stands on key health policy issues, news and recent policy changes.
Visit Legislative Action Center for more information about the new Advocates for Internal Medicine Network (AIMn) and the Richard Neubauer Advocate for Internal Medicine Award.
State Health Policy Pages
- Consumer Web site: Affordable Care Act - site provides clear, trusted, concise, and easy to understand information by state, timeline, and patient characteristics (small business, under or over age 65, etc.).
- ACA Enrollment - help patients enroll in Health Insurance Marketplaces.
- AmericanEHR Partners - an interactive website designed to assist medical practices compare, select, and implement electronic health records.
- The ACP Advocate - bi-weekly, e-newsletter created to provide ACP members with news about public policy issues affecting internal medicine and patient care.
- The ACP Advocacy Blog by Bob Doherty
- Electronic Resolution System - find Chapter Sponsored Resolutions.
- Member Advocacy - other resources to help members advocate ACP policy.
- White House Health Reform Web site - useful state-by-state data that highlights the current status of health care and the need for reform.
- Public Policy Virtual Library (PPVL) - a repository of ACP's current and historic policies and the Policy Compendium.