You are here
Public Policy & Advocacy
Virtual Leadership Day 2021
May 25 - 26, 2021
Leadership Day 2021 will be held virtually this year due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Please join us for an exciting virtual program that will include educational briefings, lively Q&A, and an opportunity to meet virtually with your members of Congress.
This event is open to ACP members only. ACP members interested in participating in Leadership Day 2021 should contact their chapter Governor to let him/her know of your interest and to be included in the chapter delegation congressional meetings. A $25 registration fee will be charged to attendees at the time of registration, with the exception of medical student and resident/fellows in-training members, who are exempt.
For more information about the “virtual” Leadership Day 2021, go to: https://www.acpservices.org/leadership-day/what-leadership-day. If you have further questions, please contact Shuan Tomlinson via email (email@example.com) or at 800-338-2746, ext. 4547.
Nominate a Chapter member for the annual Richard Neubauer Advocate for Internal Medicine Award
Nominate a Chapter member for the annual Richard Neubauer Advocate for Internal Medicine Award, which will be presented on May 25, 2021 during the virtual Leadership Day program. Nominations are due Monday, April 19th. All nominees must be members of the Advocates for Internal Medicine Network (AIMn). The Advocates for Internal Medicine Network awards program recognizes those individuals who have made exceptional efforts in support of the College’s advocacy program during the previous year. For more information about the award go to: Get more information here.
ACP Advocacy Resources
Where the College Stands on key health policy issues, news and recent policy changes.
Visit Legislative Action Center for more information about the new Advocates for Internal Medicine Network (AIMn) and the Richard Neubauer Advocate for Internal Medicine Award.
State Health Policy Pages
- Consumer Web site: Affordable Care Act - site provides clear, trusted, concise, and easy to understand information by state, timeline, and patient characteristics (small business, under or over age 65, etc.).
- ACA Enrollment - help patients enroll in Health Insurance Marketplaces.
- The ACP Advocate - bi-weekly, e-newsletter created to provide ACP members with news about public policy issues affecting internal medicine and patient care.
- The ACP Advocacy Blog by Bob Doherty
- Electronic Resolution System - find Chapter Sponsored Resolutions.
- Member Advocacy - other resources to help members advocate ACP policy.
- Public Policy Virtual Library (PPVL) - a repository of ACP's current and historic policies and the Policy Compendium.