You are here
Public Policy & Advocacy
Latest Advocacy News:
- July 1 - General Assembly 2020 Session Summary & FY 2021 State Budget
- 2020 Georgia Chapter Advocacy Day Photos
- March 25 - Preceptor Tax Incentive Program
Georgia Chapter Advocacy Resources
Find Your Elected Officials
Visit Find your State Legislator and select the Legislators tab and enter your address
- Contact U.S. senators
- Contact U.S. representative
- Georgia Attorney General
- Georgia Commissioner of Insurance
- Georgia General Assembly
- Georgia Governor
- Georgia Lieutenant Governor
- Georgia Secretary of State
ACP Advocacy Resources
Where the College Stands on key health policy issues, news and recent policy changes.
Visit Legislative Action Center for more information about the new Advocates for Internal Medicine Network (AIMn) and the Richard Neubauer Advocate for Internal Medicine Award.
State Health Policy Pages
- Consumer Web site: Affordable Care Act - site provides clear, trusted, concise, and easy to understand information by state, timeline, and patient characteristics (small business, under or over age 65, etc.).
- ACA Enrollment - help patients enroll in Health Insurance Marketplaces.
- The ACP Advocate - bi-weekly, e-newsletter created to provide ACP members with news about public policy issues affecting internal medicine and patient care.
- The ACP Advocacy Blog by Bob Doherty
- Electronic Resolution System - find Chapter Sponsored Resolutions.
- Member Advocacy - other resources to help members advocate ACP policy.
- Public Policy Virtual Library (PPVL) - a repository of ACP's current and historic policies and the Policy Compendium.