You are here
Public Policy and Advocacy
Check out ACP's Advocacy Blog by Bob Doherty, SVP of Governmental Affairs and Public Policy.
Colorado Chapter Healthy and Public Policy Committee
If you have any questions about the activities of the Colorado Physician's Congress for Health Care Reform, contact Mark Mathews, our delegate on the Congress, or David Downs, the Chair of our Health and Public Policy committee who was appointed to the Blue Ribbon Health Care Reform Commission formed by Senate Bill 208.
Where the College Stands on key health policy issues, news and recent policy changes.
Visit Legislative Action Center for more information about the new Advocates for Internal Medicine Network (AIMn) and the Richard Neubauer Advocate for Internal Medicine Award.
State Health Policy Pages
- Consumer Web site: Affordable Care Act - site provides clear, trusted, concise, and easy to understand information by state, timeline, and patient characteristics (small business, under or over age 65, etc.).
- ACA Enrollment - help patients enroll in Health Insurance Marketplaces.
- AmericanEHR Partners - an interactive website designed to assist medical practices compare, select, and implement electronic health records.
- The ACP Advocate - bi-weekly, e-newsletter created to provide ACP members with news about public policy issues affecting internal medicine and patient care.
- The ACP Advocacy Blog by Bob Doherty
- Electronic Resolution System - find Chapter Sponsored Resolutions.
- Member Advocacy - other resources to help members advocate ACP policy.
- White House Health Reform Web site - useful state-by-state data that highlights the current status of health care and the need for reform.
- Public Policy Virtual Library (PPVL) - a repository of ACP's current and historic policies and the Policy Compendium.