News & Meetings
2016 Annual Meeting
The 2016 North Carolina, ACP Annual Scientific Session will be held February 26-27 at the Grandover Resort in Greensboro. Following the successful format of our 2015 meeting, the program will again feature concurrent sessions geared toward Inpatient Medicine and Outpatient Medicine. The North Carolina, ACP Annual Scientific Session offers quality, convenience and collegiality without the hassle and costs of long-distance travel. We hope to see you there!
For room reservations, contact the Grandover Resort at (800) 472-6301.
Medical students, residents and fellows-in-training are encouraged to participate in the poster competition. Itís more than just an opportunity to showcase your work! The best posters in the categories of Clinical or Basic Research, Clinical Vignette, Quality Improvement, High Value Care, and Student Poster will each receive a cash award of $300 and reimbursement of travel expenses to the 2016 ACP Internal Medicine Meeting to present their poster. Best Overall Poster will receive an additional cash award and reimbursement of travel expenses to the 2016 ACP Internal Medicine Meeting to present the winning poster. Student poster abstract submissions are due by Friday, December 11.
- Call for Abstract Submissions - Resident and Student Poster Session
- Resident and Student Submission Form
- Call for Abstract Submissions - Early Career Physician Poster Session
- Early Career Physician Submission Form
Recognize Outstanding Members and Nominate Them for the 2016 Volunteerism Award
The deadline to submit nominations is December 20, 2015.
Do you know a North Carolina ACP member deserving of recognition for his/her track record of service? The North Carolina ACP Awards Committee would like your help identifying members for the 2016 Volunteerism Award.
The Chapter Volunteerism Award was instituted in 1999 to recognize the work of members who are involved in volunteerism and community service activities. Volunteerism, like a commitment to continuing education, is an established tradition for internists.
The following criteria must be met:
- Nominees must be Masters, Fellows, Members, or Resident/Fellow members of the ACP and must have provided volunteer service. Self-nominations are not permitted.
- The services must have been performed on a voluntary basis and not required for the completion of teaching, training, or position requirements.
- Volunteer work must have been done as a physician and be medically related.
Please complete the nomination form and submit it to: NC ACP Attention: Nancy Lowe, CMP PO Box 27167 Raleigh, NC 27611 FAX: (919) 833-2023 Email: email@example.com
We are pleased to announce the winners of the 2015 North Carolina Chapter poster competition:
Best High Value Care: Eric Walford Best QI and Best Overall: Rahul Singh Best Clinical Vignette: Sean Marco Best Clinical Research: Basem Mishriky Best Student: Rita Kuwahara
And the winning Doctor's Dilemma Team:
From Duke University: Nicholas Turner Paul St. Romain Peter Hu
Additional CME Opportunities
Search Additional CME Opportunities
Governor's Newsletters & Communications
July 28, 2014: ACP Legislative Update/Alert
July 8, 2014: ACP HB1181/North Carolina Medicaid Modernization
July 2, 2014: ACP North Carolina Medical Board Seeks Assistant Medical Director Candidates
Page updated: 11/17/2015
- Congratulate our Newest Master
- North Carolina Chapter Annual Scientific Session - Registration Now Open!
- Governor's Newsletter - November 2015
- Recognize Outstanding Members and Nominate Them for the 2016 Volunteerism Award
- Call for Abstracts - 2016 NC Chapter Scientific Meeting
- Meet Our New Governor, Peter R. Lichstein, MD, FACP
- Member Accomplishments