News & Meetings
2015 Arizona Chapter Scientific Meeting
November 13-15, 2015
Doubletree Inn, Reid Park
We have reserved a block of rooms at the following rates until Wednesday, October 14, 2015. When making your reservation, be sure to mention that you will be attending the ACP Arizona Chapter meeting. The rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis, so make your reservation as early as possible by calling the hotel directly at 1-800-HILTONS. The reservation is in the name of the AZ Chapter ACP.
Single/Double: $119.00; Triple: $129; Quad: $139
DoubleTree Hilton Tucson–Reid Park
445 S. Alvernon Way
Tucson, AZ 85711-4198
Visit the Call for Abstracts page for for full information on poster presentations, including the guidelines, the how-to webinar, and signing up for poster judging.
For questions, please contact Dixie at Dswan@azmed.org or 602-347-6916.
Did you miss the ACP Arizona webinar on "How to Write an Abstract and Make a Great Poster"?
The webinar recording is available for viewing online at:https://azmed.adobeconnect.com/p76t8drvxpl/
Please note: A pdf of the presentation is also posted here for your reference. If you have any trouble downloading the document, you may also request the same by e-mail to Teri@azmed.org
Arizona Chapter 2015 Meet and Greet
Resident/Student Award Winners from 2014 Abstract Competition
2014 Meeting Presentations
- Michael Grossman, MD, MACP Anatomy of a CLER Visit
- Shaikab U. Rehman, MD, FACP, FAACH, JNC 8 Hypertension Guidelines: Presentation 1 and Presentation 2
- Jack Ende, MD, MACP Those Who Understand: Characteristics of Effective Teachers
- Jack Ende, MD, MACP Fostering Excellence in Internal Medicine
- Charles Cutler, MD, MACP The ABC’s of the ACA
- Alan Bryce, MD Precision Oncology: Current Applications of –omic
- Anita C. Murcko, MD, FACP Succeeding in the Midst of Change: Advocacy Section
- Larry Bergstrom, MD A Rational Approach to Dietary Supplements
- Eliot A. Brinton, MD, FAHA, FNLA The 2013 ACC/AHA Cholesterol Guidelines: What Do They Mean and How Should They Affect Practice?
- Michael Grossman, MD, MACP Clinical Environment Learning Review
- Ana Maria Lopez, MD, MPH, FACP Mind-Body Medicine
- Cheryl W. O’Malley, MD, FACP ACGME Next Acreditation System: Observing Competence
- Larry Bergstrom MD Integrative Medicine (Formerly known as CAM)
The Arizona Chapter of the American College of Physicians celebrates the excellence in internal medicine reflected in the poster abstracts and theoral clinical vignette abstracts from the 2013 ACP Arizona Chapter Annual Scientific Meeting with its fourth annual publication of ¡Salud!. To cite an abstract in this publication, please note the following format: Author Last Name, Author First Name, (2012) Title of Abstract, ¡Salud!, 4:1, Abstract Number.
The 2014 volume of íSalud! is in the process of being finalized. In the interim, click here for an alphabetical volume of the abstracts from the ACP Arizona Chapter 2014 Annual Meeting.
Download the 2013 Edition of ¡Salud!
Download the 2012 Edition of ¡Salud!
Meet the Masters Series
Masters comprise a small group of highly distinguished physicians, selected from among Fellows, who have achieved recognition in medicine by exhibiting preeminence in practice or medical research, holding positions of high honor, or making significant contributions to medical science or the art of medicine.
January 2011 - Jorge L. Rakela, MD, MACP
July 2011 - Joseph S. Alpert, MD, MACP
July 2011 - Eric P. Gall, MD, MACP
July 2011 - Robert H. Moser, MD, MACP
August 2011 - Alan L. Gordon, MS, MD, MACP
September 2011 - William F. Denny, MD, MACP
September 2011 - Michael Grossman, MD, MACP
September 2011 - Pasquale J. Palumbo, MD, MACP, MACE
September 2011 - Seymour Reichlin, MD, PhD, MACP
October 2011 - David J. Gullen, MD, MACP
December 2011 - James E. Dalen, MD, MACP
Additional CME Opportunities
Search Additional CME Opportunities
Governor's Newsletters & Communications
Transitions - Resident/Fellows' Newsletter
10-3-14: ACP AZ Invitation for Faculty Medical Education Innovation Poster Presentations
9-17-14: ACP Hawaii Journal of Medicine & Public Health September 2014
9-11-14: ACP Board of Governors Special Election - Arizona Chapter
8-4-14: ACP Who cares about Medicaid Parity?? YOU!!!
Page updated: 9/16/15