News & Meetings
2015 Arizona Chapter Scientific Meeting
Thank you for attending!
Please plan to attend the ACP Arizona Chapter 2016 Annual Scientific Meeting on November 4-6, 2016 at Arizona State University, Tempe, Arizona.
For questions, please contact Dixie at Dswan@azmed.org or 602-347-6916.
2015 Meeting Presentations
Friday, November 13, 2015
- Brief History of the Arizona Chapter of the ACP David J. Gullen MD MACP
- Observations of a Practicing Dermatologist Mimi Algazi, MD
- Some of Your Patients Have Valley Fever: Do You Know Which Ones? John N Galgiani MD
- What They Must Know! What Your Students Need to Navigate Their Professional Lives Charles B. Cairns, MD, FACEP, FAHA
Saturday, November 14, 2015
- Topic 1: Tumor Necrosis Factor Inhibitors The Case for the Use of Biologic Disease Modifiers? Are they for Everyone? Are Biologics Necessary for Everyone with Rheumatoid Arthritis? Jeffrey R. Lisse, MD, FACP and Michael Maricic, MD
- Topic 2: Affordable Care Act James Dalen, MD, MACP
- Topic 3: Anticoagulation: Recent Changes and Pros and Cons of Current Therapies Fadi Shamoun, MD, FACC, FSVM, FASE
- Changing Health Care Landscapes in the United States and Arizona: Academic Health Centers as Part of the Solution Joe G.N. “Skip” Garcia, MD
- Fostering Excellence in Internal Medicine Molly Cooke, MD, MACP
- Clinical Practice Guidelines (Choosing Wisely) Discussion (Full Panel), Audience to Share Experiences Teaching/Practicing High Value Care, and Q&A Introduction to Session and Choosing Wisely Campaign Jaya Raj, MD, FACP; Cheryl W. O’Malley, MD, FACP; Allan Markus, MD, MS, MBA, FACP; and KeriLyn Bollmann, MD
Sunday, November 15, 2015
- Global Health: Why Arizona Internists Should Care
Molly Cooke, MD, MACP
- The Arizona Prescription Drug Misuse and Abuse Initiative Moderator: Anita C. Murcko, MD, FACP; Dean Wright, RPh, Director Controlled Substances Prescription Monitoring Program; and Pete Wertheim, Executive Director at Arizona Osteopathic Medical Association
- Oral Vignettes – Internal Medicine Residents
Arizona Chapter 2015 Meet and Greet
Congratulations to our 2015 Arizona Chapter Awardees!
View the full list of winners.
The Arizona Chapter of the American College of Physicians celebrates the excellence in internal medicine reflected in the poster abstracts and the oral clinical vignette abstracts from the ACP Arizona Chapter Annual Scientific Meetings with the publication of ˇSalud!. To cite an abstract in the 2015 publication, please note the following format: Author Last Name, Author First Name, (2015) Title of Abstract, ˇSalud!, 6:1, Abstract Number.
Did you miss the ACP Arizona webinar on "How to Write an Abstract and Make a Great Poster"?
The webinar recording is available for viewing online at:https://azmed.adobeconnect.com/p76t8drvxpl/
Please note: A pdf of the presentation is also posted here for your reference. If you have any trouble downloading the document, you may also request the same by e-mail to Teri@azmed.org
Governor's Newsletters & Communications
Transitions - Resident/Fellows' Newsletter
Page updated: 2/3/2016