You are here
Public Policy & Advocacy
Latest News from Arizona-ACP Public Policy and Advocacy
12th Annual ACP Arizona State Legislature Day
Wednesday, February 5, 2020
8:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
We met at the Capitol to talk with the Arizona legislators that are highly involved in health care bills that will affect medicine (and YOU) in the state of Arizona. We also learned the most effective ways to advocate for ACP Arizona and your profession.
Majority Caucus Room, Senate Building
Arizona State Capitol
1700 West Washington
Phoenix, AZ 85007
If you're interested in joining the ACP Arizona Advocacy Committee, email Executive Director Debbie Webber, CAE at email@example.com. We'll add you to the committee and get you up to date on our activities.
ACP Advocacy Resources
Where the College Stands on key health policy issues, news and recent policy changes.
Visit Legislative Action Center for more information about the new Advocates for Internal Medicine Network (AIMn) and the Richard Neubauer Advocate for Internal Medicine Award.
State Health Policy Pages
- Consumer Web site: Affordable Care Act - site provides clear, trusted, concise, and easy to understand information by state, timeline, and patient characteristics (small business, under or over age 65, etc.).
- ACA Enrollment - help patients enroll in Health Insurance Marketplaces.
- The ACP Advocate - bi-weekly, e-newsletter created to provide ACP members with news about public policy issues affecting internal medicine and patient care.
- The ACP Advocacy Blog by Bob Doherty
- Electronic Resolution System - find Chapter Sponsored Resolutions.
- Member Advocacy - other resources to help members advocate ACP policy.
- Public Policy Virtual Library (PPVL) - a repository of ACP's current and historic policies and the Policy Compendium.