You are here
Public Policy & Advocacy
Health and Public Policy Committee
The Vermont Chapter Health and Public Policy Committee connects national ACP policy initiatives and advocacy to Vermont. Priority areas include:
- Identify national ACP issues and advocacy relevant to Vermont
- Develop advocacy strategies in Vermont for specific ACP issues
- Educate students, residents, and practicing physicians about health policy and advocacy
Interested in learning more? Contact Dr. Jan Carney
ACP Advocacy Resources
Where the College Stands on key health policy issues, news and recent policy changes.
Visit Legislative Action Center for more information about the new Advocates for Internal Medicine Network (AIMn) and the Richard Neubauer Advocate for Internal Medicine Award.
State Health Policy Pages
- Consumer Web site: Affordable Care Act - site provides clear, trusted, concise, and easy to understand information by state, timeline, and patient characteristics (small business, under or over age 65, etc.).
- ACA Enrollment - help patients enroll in Health Insurance Marketplaces.
- The ACP Advocate - bi-weekly, e-newsletter created to provide ACP members with news about public policy issues affecting internal medicine and patient care.
- The ACP Advocacy Blog by Bob Doherty
- Electronic Resolution System - find Chapter Sponsored Resolutions.
- Member Advocacy - other resources to help members advocate ACP policy.
- Public Policy Virtual Library (PPVL) - a repository of ACP's current and historic policies and the Policy Compendium.