You are here
(October 2021) Congratulations to Jose L. Cangiano, MD, MACP, the newest Mastership awardee of the American College of Physicians (MACP) for the Puerto Rico chapter. MACP is one of the most prestigious awards in the college, for those fellows of the college who demonstrate integrity, the utmost professional behaviors, excellence in the practice of medicine, and significant impact on the profession. MACPs represent a very small percentage of college membership. Join me in congratulating him on this tremendous accomplishment.
(August 2021) In a recent newsletter article, Melba Feliciano, MD, FACP, FACE, an ACP Certified Wellness Champion and member of our Chapter, shared the following:
Self-care is essential to be successful as a physician and to prevent the Burnout Syndrome which affects from 40 to 70% of physicians during residency training. According to World Health Organization, Burnout is an occupational syndrome resulting from chronic workplace stress that has not been successfully managed. Self-care and coping strategies to deal with stress at work and at home are core elements of the survival skills during residency years.
To prepare for the day, have less stress and be more effective, I will share a Monk's perspective to a productive morning:
- Upon awakening: Get up early, get centered, reflect on death, and plan for the day: Breathe...
- Make your bed in a mindful way, with intention: this represents, peace, order, and discipline training.
- Meditate: Get your mind still and grounded. Stillness is the key to success.
- Do an act of generosity: purify your mind
- Prepare breakfast (for you and others)
- Be grateful for life each morning. Prepare for the day in peace and grounded for the daily challenges and surprises.
(June 2021) The Chapter Council and Volunteers participated on a Strategic Planning Meeting for our Chapter on June 26, 2021. The three main topics addressed on the meeting were: Education, Communication, and Technology. Stay tuned for additional information!
(Spring 2021) Wondering about Puerto Rico's CME requirements? You can now visit the Online CME & MOC Learning Center and click on the "State CME Requirements" tab to learn all about what you need to do. Note: You must be logged into your ACP Online account to access this information.