You are here
Highlights from ACP Internist and ACP Hospitalist
ACP Internist July/August 2016
- Keys to taking a neurological history
The most powerful tool in neurology is the history and physical exam, including the requirement that patients walk in the presence of neurologists, in order to better understand symptoms.
- New insulins present benefits, challenges
Insulin types and doses newly approved by the FDA present new opportunities and challenges for glycemic control.
- 4 steps to managing osteoarthritis pain in the elderly
Weight loss and nutritional counseling should be the first step, while opioids are always and only a last resort.
ACP Hospitalist June 2016
- Bolstering gender equity in academic medicine
Women and men enter the physician pipeline at about the same rates, but the female-to-male ratio in academic medicine drops off after residency.
- Improving the patient experience by focusing on spiritual care
Hospitalists can identify needs, collaborate with chaplains.
- An ear-ly intervention to reduce delirium
Providing earplugs in the ICU may be a low-cost way to reduce hospital noise and prevent arousal during sleep.