We understand the challenges of keeping current on how to appropriately bill and code for your Medicare patients. Below are a number of resources to help you ensure that you are paid appropriately and are not in violation of any Medicare policies.
Chronic Care Management (CCM) Tool Kit - This new tool kit provides what practices need to implement the new CCM codes, including background information for clinicians and staff, a step-by-step implementation guide, and a sample patient agreement.
- Changes to Medicare Physician Fee Schedule in 2015
- Medicare Issues E&M Comparison Reports
Medicare Web Based Education Tools
CMS has made available free Web-based Training (WBT) Courses that allow physicians to view and enroll online.
Preventive Care Visits
Medicare Regulations Concerning:
- Medicare Improper Payment Review
- Medical Review (MR) Programs at MACs
- Recovery Auditor Contractors (RAC)
- Comprehensive Error Rate Testing (CERT) Contractors
- Medicare Claim Review Programs: MR, NCCI Edits, MUEs, CERT, and RAC
- Home Health Face-to-Face Encounter Requirement
Care Plan Oversight Encounter Worksheet and Instructions (login required)
Physician Visits to Patients in Skilled Nursing Facilities (login required)
- Report insurer problems using the Health Plan Complaint Form
- Where We Stand: Medicare Issues and Health Plan Insurance Regulations
Frequently Asked Questions
Review billing and coding issues that are important to internists.
Multimedia Learning Resources
Earn CME Credits
Earn CME Credits through attending live meetings, working online, or watching course recordings on your own schedule.
Sign-up for Physician & Practice Timeline text alerts and never miss another regulatory deadline!
Triggered text alerts aimed at keeping you on top of upcoming deadlines and details related to regulatory, payment, and delivery system requirements are available FREE of charge!
Pre-order MKSAP17 Complete and Save 15%!
Enter priority code PR58 when ordering. Limited time only. Order now.