We understand the challenges of keeping current on how to appropriately bill and code for your Medicare patients. Below are a number of resources to help you ensure that you are paid appropriately and are not in violation of any Medicare policies.
Chronic Care Management (CCM) Tool Kit - This new tool kit provides what practices need to implement the new CCM codes, including background information for clinicians and staff, a step-by-step implementation guide, and a sample patient agreement.
- Summary of the Proposed Medicare Physician Fee Schedule Rule for CY 2016
- Changes to Medicare Physician Fee Schedule in 2015
Medicare Web Based Education Tools
CMS has made available free Web-based Training (WBT) Courses that allow physicians to view and enroll online.
Preventive Care Visits
Medicare Regulations Concerning:
- Medicare Improper Payment Review
- Medical Review (MR) Programs at MACs
- Recovery Auditor Contractors (RAC)
- Comprehensive Error Rate Testing (CERT) Contractors
- Medicare Claim Review Programs: MR, NCCI Edits, MUEs, CERT, and RAC
- Physician Compensation Arrangements Fraud Alert
- Home Health Face-to-Face Encounter Requirement
Care Plan Oversight Encounter Worksheet and Instructions (login required)
Physician Visits to Patients in Skilled Nursing Facilities (login required)
- Report insurer problems using the Health Plan Complaint Form
- Where We Stand: Medicare Issues and Health Plan Insurance Regulations
Frequently Asked Questions
Review billing and coding issues that are important to internists.
Where We Stand
From the ACA to Medicare reform, ACP is advocating for internists and their patients on issues we care about.
Earn CME Credits
Earn CME Credits through attending live meetings, working online, or watching course recordings on your own schedule.
Earn CME Credits with ACP
ACP offers internists many CME options for the completion of AMA PRA Category 1 CME Credits™. Attend live meetings, work online, or watch course recordings on your own schedule.
Explore our many CME credit options.
The Next-Generation Clinical Information Resource
DynaMed Plus is a collaboration between ACP and EBSCO Health. ACP members enjoy free access to this comprehensive tool that optimizes time to answer for busy clinicians, like you. Get started now!