How to Create and Sustain Positive Learning and Working Environments in Medicine Through WBC Resources and QI Methods
In this newsletter, we are focusing on the tools to support transformative change in medicine. Explore resources for effective Well-being and Professional Fulfillment interventions ranging from tools to help with systemic shifts to designing your own well-being program regardless of your budget. If you are looking to take immediate action, we invite you and your organizations to join the National Academy of Medicine's efforts to affirm and commit to institutionalizing health worker well-being. Sign up to be a NAM Change Maker today and share broadly the ACP Advocacy Toolkit: Modernizing License and Credentialing Applications to Not Stigmatize Mental Health.
In this month dedicated to gratitude, we'd like to take this opportunity to thank and toast you, our Well-being Champions (WBCs), and our ACP Chapters for your unwavering commitment to systemic and policy changes. Since 2017, you have implemented over 1,400 Well-being and Professional Fulfillment activities and counting! In this issue, you will uncover or rediscover the tools driving these achievements.
We look forward to hearing from you! Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your thoughts and suggestions for newsletter topics and features.
Check out the links below for resources you can use for yourself and others:
- Visit the I.M. Emotional Support Hub and Video Series to learn more about individual and organizational strategies and resources to protect clinicians' emotional health.
- Access training to implement well-being interventions and complement resources on promoting psychological safe spaces.
- Leverage tools and measurements to design and implement well-being interventions.
- Celebrate the accomplishments and contributions of our WBCs to their chapter communities.
- Submit your Physician Well-being and Professional Fulfillment (WBPF) Abstract by November 23, 2023.
- Check out ACP mobile-friendly resources to create and sustain positive work and learning environments and culture in medicine.
- Learn from successful national WBPF efforts and amplify the NAM Change Maker campaign.
- Review the Patients Before Paperwork and advocacy updates that affect physician well-being and professional fulfillment.
We are transitioning to the new ACP Connect App. As of November 13, 2023, we will no longer be posting on Slack. Download the app today and join the discussion within the WBC Community.
Your ACP Well-being Team
Please log your Well-being Champion activities in your new and improved Well-being Champion Activities Tracker!