You are here
Doctor’s Dilemma Question Development Committee
The Doctor’s Dilemma® Question Development Committee writes and reviews questions for the national Doctor’s Dilemma Competition held at the annual ACP Internal Medicine Meeting. Each year, 50 teams of residents from around the world compete over three days, culminating in the championship round. Committee members play an active role in fostering resident education by developing and refining questions across 11 knowledge areas of internal medicine.
Question writers work both individually and in collaborative teams. Each team is assigned to develop questions within one or two knowledge areas of internal medicine. Each member is responsible for generating 10 questions over a period of four months. Members also review and polish questions developed by their teammates. Each team will have an assigned peer leader.
Question writers and team leaders selected for the Committee will be required to attend a mandatory webinar on Monday, April 2, 2018 at 12:30 pm (Eastern).
Why Serve on the Doctors Dilemma Question Development Committee
- Foster resident learning and knowledge in a friendly, competitive environment
- Gain experience in honing question writing skills
- Opportunity to work with colleagues across the country
- Serve on a national committee (CV building opportunity)
- Current ACP Member (not a member? Join now)
- A minimum of two years post training
- Commitment to serve two years as a question writer
- Willingness to collaborate and communicate timely and effectively with team members and leaders
- Ability to be concise in writing with strong grammar skills
- Current FACP or MACP Member
- Commitment to serve two years as a team leader/question writer
- Teaching background preferred
- Detail orientated with strong communication, precise and concise writing ability, and solid grammar and mentoring skills
- Experience managing and mentoring others with positive coaching feedback
Each committee member (including the team leader) will be responsible for creating a total of 10 questions over a period of 4 months. The schedule below reflects a phased deadline for question submission, with only 2-3 questions required for submission each month from each committee member. The first three questions are due in May. The last set of questions will be due at the end of August. Submitted questions are then subject to further review through the ACP question development process.
Below is the timeline for Committee activities:
|January 16, 2018||Application opens.|
|February 19, 2018||Application closes.|
|March 5, 2018||Committee selected and teams assigned.|
|March 30, 2018||Signed non-disclosure and conflict of interest forms due.|
|April 2, 2018||Mandatory webinar at 12:30pm Eastern.|
|May 15, 2018||Three questions submitted to team members for peer review, editing, and re-writing.|
|May 28, 2018||Deadline for team leader to submit all team questions to ACP after completed peer review.|
|June 15, 2018||Three questions submitted to team members for peer review, editing, and rewriting.|
|June 29, 2018||Deadline for team leader to submit all team questions to ACP after completed peer review.|
|July 15, 2018||Two questions submitted to team members for peer review, editing, and rewriting.|
|July 27, 2018||Deadline for team leader to submit all team questions to ACP after completed peer review.|
|August 15, 2018||Two questions submitted to team members for peer review, editing, and rewriting.|
|August 30, 2018||Deadline for team leader to submit all team questions to ACP after completed peer review.|
The deadline for participation is rapidly approaching. Complete your application today. Applications are due by Monday, February 19, 2018.