This meta-analysis of data from 100 trials examines the comparative effectiveness of 8 implementation strategies for blood pressure control in adults with hypertension.
Use this review to:
- Consider what strategies are used to help patients reach blood pressure treatment goals.
- Review the list of implementation strategies in Table 1. Before reviewing this study's results, consider how well you think each of the listed strategies performs.
- Review the results. Are you surprised?
- Why do you think certain strategies work better than others?
- If team-based approaches to blood pressure control are used, who should be involved? Who should monitor performance? How should performance be assessed?
- Why do you think that involvement of nonphysician team members was found to be useful? What are the potential benefits, as well as barriers to their involvement?
Annals of Internal Medicine is the premier internal medicine academic journal published by the American College of Physicians (ACP). It is one of the most widely cited and influential specialty medical journals in the world.
Back to the February 2018 issue of ACP IMpact