You are here
Diabetes for the Internist: ACP Virtual Live 2021
On June 19, 2021, ACP is presenting a one-day virtual course specifically designed to meet the evolving needs of practicing internists who care for patients with diabetes. Expert faculty will review the role of lifestyle interventions as well as appropriate indications and practical utilization of medications and/or bariatric surgery in patients with diabetes and obesity. The risks and benefits of new insulin and noninsulin pharmacologic therapies and how to incorporate new technologies into practice will be discussed. You'll also have an opportunity to have your clinical questions answered by experts in the field.
In This Course, Registrants Will:
- Discuss the role of nutrition, weight-loss agents, and bariatric surgery in overweight patients with diabetes.
- Review new insulin products and diabetes technology, including pumps and continuous glucose monitoring, and specifically address when these advancements may help your patients with type 1 and 2 diabetes.
- Using a case-based approach, review guideline-based medical management of type 2 diabetes with a focus on the risks and benefits of the newer noninsulin therapies.
- Discuss the prevention and treatment of cardiovascular disease in patients with diabetes.
- Review questions and challenges that arise in your practice.
- View the schedule for Diabetes for the Internist: ACP Virtual Live 2021
Benefits of Attending
- Earn CME/MOC
- Extended access to the course recordings for 30-days to review content or watch at your convenience if you are unable to attend live
- Live Q&A with experts
- Learn from the comfort of your home or office
- June 19, 2021
- Members: $309
- Nonmembers: $469
- Resident/Fellow Members: $209
Andrea D. Coviello, MD
The American College of Physicians is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American College of Physicians designates this live activity for a maximum of 6 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Successful completion of this CME activity, which include participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 6 MOC points in medical knowledge in the American Board of Internal Medicine’s (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credit claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
To watch an event on Livestream, please ensure you have the following:
- System Requirements: Windows 7 or higher, Mac OS X 10.6 or higher
- Supported desktop browsers:
- Google Chrome 45+
- Mozilla Firefox 49+
- Safari 10+
- Microsoft Edge 15+
- Supported mobile browsers: Chrome 45+, Safari 10+ (iOS)
- Internet Connection: 5-10mbps download speed is recommended. Check your connection at www.speedtest.net.
Refund/Cancellation Policy for Courses
To request a refund for IM Board Review Courses, please refer to ACP's Refund/Cancellation Policy for Courses.