ACP Leadership Academy
The ACP Leadership Academy provides members with training and resources to prepare you for leadership roles in your organization and in the greater healthcare environment.
Formal Leadership Training
In partnership the American Association for Physician Leadership, ACP offers live meetings, faculty-led online courses, and self-study modules to help fill gaps in your leadership knowledge and to build your CV – all while earning CME.
- ACP members receive the American Association for Physician Leadership member rate on all courses plus an additional 15% on selected courses.
- Earn ACP Certificates of Completion for each course you finish.
- Courses count toward becoming a Certified Physician Executive (CPE) or toward a master’s degree program in medical management from one of four prestigious universities.
Topics include strategic thinking, financial decision-making, managing physician performance, marketing, ethics, and more. Register today for the following instructor-led courses:
Learn more about all of the available courses offered through the ACP Leadership Academy.
New Program! Certificate of Physician Leadership
The ACP Leadership Academy is pleased to announce the new Certificate of Physician Leadership program, jointly offered by the American College of Physicians and the American Association for Physician Leadership. Learn more.
Resources for Resident/Fellow Members
The ACP Leadership Academy recognizes that residents and fellows-in-training face unique challenges in mapping out their professional goals. In partnership with the American Association for Physician Leadership, the College has developed a program to address the specific needs of Resident/Fellow Members. Learn more.
Free ACP Webinars
As a supplement to the formal education program that ACP offers in partnership the American Association for Physician Leadership, the ACP Leadership Academy offers a series of free online webinars on leadership topics relevant to internal medicine. These webinars provide both an educational experience and a discussion forum so that ACP members can learn, pose questions, and share ideas with leaders in the internal medicine field.
Registration is now open for the following upcoming webinar:
|Title:||Teaching Clinical Reasoning|
|Date/Time:||Tuesday, May 24, 2016, 3:00 p.m. ET|
|Speakers:||Robert L. Trowbridge, MD, FACP and |
Joseph J. Rencic, MD, FACP
|Register:||Sign up online now|
View previous free ACP Leadership Academy webinars:
- Achieving Health Equity for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender People
- Advancing to ACP Fellowship
- How to Get Published
- MACRA, MIPS, and APMs—What to Expect from all these Acronyms!
- The Core Tenets of Leadership
- Topics in Hospital Medicine: Team-Based Leadership
- Topics in Hospital Medicine: Working with Administration
- Personal Financial Planning for Physicians
- Population Health
Not an ACP Member?
Join today and discover the benefits waiting for you.
ACP offers different categories of membership depending on your career stage and professional status. View options, pricing and benefits.
A New Way to Ace the Boards!
Ensure you're board-exam ready with ACP's Board Prep Ace - a multifaceted, self-study program that prepares you to pass the ABIM Certification Exam in internal medicine. Learn more.