You are here
ACP Leadership Academy
The ACP Leadership Academy provides members with training and resources to prepare you for leadership roles in your organization and in the greater healthcare environment.
Formal Leadership Training
In partnership the American Association for Physician Leadership, ACP offers live meetings, faculty-led online courses, and self-study modules to help fill gaps in your leadership knowledge and to build your CV - all while earning CME.
- ACP members receive the American Association for Physician Leadership member rate on all courses plus an additional 15% on selected courses.
- Earn ACP Certificates of Completion for each course you finish.
- Courses count toward becoming a Certified Physician Executive (CPE) or toward a master's degree program in medical management from one of four prestigious universities.
Topics include strategic thinking, financial decision-making, managing physician performance, marketing, ethics, and more. Register today for the following instructor-led courses:
Learn more about all of the available courses offered through the ACP Leadership Academy.
New Program! Certificate in Physician Leadership for Hospital Medicine
The ACP Leadership Academy is pleased to announce the new Certificate in Physician Leadership for Hospital Medicine program, jointly offered by the American College of Physicians and the American Association for Physician Leadership.
Resources for Resident/Fellow Members
The ACP Leadership Academy recognizes that residents and fellows-in-training face unique challenges in mapping out their professional goals. In partnership with the American Association for Physician Leadership, the College has developed a program to address the specific needs of Resident/Fellow Members.
Free ACP Webinars
As a supplement to the formal education program that ACP offers in partnership the American Association for Physician Leadership, the ACP Leadership Academy offers a series of free online webinars on leadership topics relevant to internal medicine. These webinars provide both an educational experience and a discussion forum so that ACP members can learn, pose questions, and share ideas with leaders in the internal medicine field.
Upcoming Free Webinars
The ACP Leadership Academy Presents: Improving Patient Outcomes through Quality Improvement
Speakers: Susan Day, MD, FACP | Doron Schneider, MD, FACP | Wendi Knapp, MD, FACP
Description: Join us for this 3-part series that explains quality improvement efforts and explores how to get your team on the QI bandwagon.
The ACP Leadership Academy Presents: Leadership Principles for Women in Medicine
Date/Time: September 28, 2017 | 3:00pm ET
Virginia L. Hood, MBBS, MPH, MACP, President Emeritus, American College of Physicians
Darilyn V. Moyer MD, FACP, Executive Vice President and Chief Executive Officer, American College of Physicians
Fatima Zahara Syed, MD, MSc, Chair, Council of Resident/Fellow Members, American College of Physicians
Description: In celebration of Women in Medicine month, the ACP Leadership Academy will present "Leadership Principles for Women in Medicine." Join Drs. Hood, Moyer, and Syed, as they discuss the past, present, and future of women in medicine -- and the leading principles that they have followed to shape their careers.
The ACP Leadership Academy Presents: Advancing to ACP Fellowship
Date/Time: November 8, 2017 | 3:00pm ET
Speaker: Michael S. Bronze, MD, MACP
Description: Join Dr. Bronze, Chair of the ACP Credentials Committee, as he reviews the requirements for ACP Fellowship. Participants will have the opportunity to ask questions.
View previous free ACP Leadership Academy webinars:
- Achieving Health Equity for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender People
- Advancing to ACP Fellowship
- Building Your Resilient Self®
- The Core Tenets of Leadership
- How to Get Published
- Leading Practice Transformation and Quality Improvement in Times of Change
- MACRA, MIPS, and APMs—What to Expect from all these Acronyms!
- Topics in Hospital Medicine: Team-Based Leadership
- Topics in Hospital Medicine: Working with Administration
- Personal Financial Planning for Physicians (Slides Only)
- Population Health
- QI Basics
- Teaching Clinical Reasoning
- Why Not Ask? Negotiating with Confidence