You are here
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): Information for Internists
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19):
Information for Internists
COVID-19: An ACP Physician's Guide
Updated November 24, 2020
This ACP-produced resource can be easily accessed on handheld devices and provides a clinical overview of infection control and patient care guidance. CME credit and MOC points available.
ACP is working to support the internal medicine community during this global pandemic by providing practical tools and information, and vigorously advocating to address the needs of ACP members and their patients.
COVID-19 Vaccine Forum: What Physicians Need to Know
ACP and Annals of Internal Medicine were proud to host Anthony Fauci, MD, MACP, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), and other distinguished experts who offered their unique insights into the science and policy surrounding COVID-19 vaccines. You can read a summary of key takeaways and watch a video recording of the presentation at Annals.org. Learn More
Incorporation of Telemedicine into Your Practice
ACP's new online CME program provides crucial information to physicians looking to begin or expand the use of telemedicine during the COVID-19 outbreak. It includes guidance about coding and using telehealth, CME/MOC is free to ACP members.
More on Telemedicine:
Policies & Guidelines
ACP Practice Points
- Should Remdesivir Be Used for the Treatment of Patients With COVID-19?
- Use of N95, Surgical, and Cloth Masks to Prevent COVID-19 in Health Care and Community Settings
- Evidence Does Not Support Chloroquine or HCQ Use Alone or in Combination with Azithromycin as Prophylaxis for COVID-19
Clinical and Public Policy
Latest from Annals of Internal Medicine View All
Latest Advocacy from ACP View All
- Internists Support Framework for the Ethical Allocation of COVID-19 and Other Vaccines During Pandemic 11/24/2020
- Internists Say Timely Presidential Transition Important to Public Health during COVID-19 Pandemic 11/16/2020
- ACP Letter to Anthem Regarding Correct Coding Initiative and Efforts to Address the COVID-19 Pandemic 11/6/2020
- ACP Stresses Importance of Preventive Measures as COVID-19 Infections Increase 10/28/2020
- Group of Six Letter to Congressional Leaders on Immunization Infrastructure and COVID-19 Vaccine Development 9/10/2020
- ACP Statement Supporting the Use of Science to Stop the Spread of COVID-19 and Warning Against Interference 8/27/2020
- Joint Letter to Congress Asking for Support for Primary Care Practices in Upcoming COVID-19 Legislation 8/12/2020
- ACP Statement Decrying Reports of Harassment of Public Health Officials 8/10/2020
Ethical Considerations from ACP
- Internists Say Harassment Based on Race or Ethnic Origin is Never Okay
- Internists Say Prioritization, Allocation of Resources and Stewardship Must Not Result in Discrimination During COVID-19 Emergency
Ethics Manual: Seventh Edition
- The Patient–Physician Relationship and Health Care System Catastrophes
- Medical Risk to Physician and Patient
COVID-19: What's Next?
Preparing for the second wave
This self-directed activity from the Society of Critical Care Medicine offers the latest information and clinical knowledge as the virus continues to spread. View the educational sessions and presentations from the live event from the convenience of your home or office, including plenary lectures by Anthony S. Fauci, MD and ADM. Brett P. Giroir, MD. ACP is a sponsor of this activity. Learn More
Stay Informed with Podcasts
Remdesivir as Treatment for COVID-19
Published November 5, 2020
COVID Management Update
Published September 30, 2020
Regulatory T Cells: Treatment for COVID-19?
Published September 1, 2020
Diagnosing SARS-CoV-2 Infection: Symptoms or No Symptoms?
Published August 12, 2020
Webinars Presented by ACP
Past Webinar Recordings
- COVID-19, Moving Forward Together
- Innovations in the Care of Outpatients with COVID-19 CME Available
- Addressing and Supporting Physician Mental Health during Challenging Times CME Available
- Revving Up Your Telemedicine Practice in the Time of COVID
- COVID-19: Practical Advice and Support from Internists on the Front Lines CME Available