You are here
How ACP Members Can Support Hurricane Ida Recovery and Aid Efforts
In the wake Hurricane Ida, ACP is communicating with our members and regional chapter leadership in the affected areas and will provide any support and resources we can during this difficult time.
Ways to help those affected by the hurricane
- The Red Cross is mobilizing hundreds of volunteers to offer aid in the situation on the ground. Donations can be made directly through the Red Cross web site.
- The Second Harvest Food Bank is providing food boxes and bottled water to residents of South Louisiana. Donations of money is the most efficient way to help, though bottled water and cleaning supplies are also welcome.
- United Way of Louisiana has set up a relief fund for immediate relief efforts and long-term rebuilding and community grants.
- Cajun Navy Relief is a volunteer disaster response team that provided relief and rescue services during more than a dozen of Louisiana’s floods, hurricanes and tropical storms. It is currently assessing needs and accepting donations.
- SBP, originally known as the St. Bernard Project, was formed after Hurricane Katrina and focuses on restoring damaged homes and businesses and supporting recovery policies. Its Hurricane Ida plan needs donations, which will pay for supplies for home rebuilding and protective equipment for team members.
New Orleans-specific information
FEMA: #NOLA residents affected by Hurricane #Ida can apply for FEMA assistance: Visit http://disasterassistance.gov
Call 800-621-3362 between 6 a.m.-10 p.m.
All http://nola.gov websites are currently down right now, including http://ready.nola.gov
We'll be communicating important Hurricane #Ida information via social media and over text. Text NOLAREADY to 77295. What is opened from 4WWL (CBS affiliate):
What is open from The New Orleans Advocate
WCK is looking for more volunteers in New Orleans: If you are available to help us prepare, pack, or serve meals, come to NOCHI at 725 Howard St. Note, volunteers must show proof of vaccination.
#ChefsForLouisiana -- More info here: http://ida.wck.volunteerhub.com