Philadelphia, April 28, 2015 – The American College of Physicians (ACP) will honor 20 residents as winners of the National Resident Abstract Competition at Internal Medicine Meeting 2015, the annual scientific meeting of the American College of Physicians. The winners will be onsite in Boston to present their winning abstracts on Friday, May 1.
Winners of the National Abstract Competition are chosen for an original abstract in one of five categories; basic research, clinical research, quality improvement-patient safety, high value cost conscious care, and clinical vignette.
Winners of this year's National Resident Abstract Competition include:
- Fadi Alkhatib, MD: currently finishing his internal medicine residency at Baystate Medical Center.
- Martin Miguel I. Amor, MD: currently the Chief Resident at Monmouth Medical.
- Mahesh Bavineni, MD: split his residency training between Louisiana State University, Lafayette and St. Vincent Medical Center in Toledo.
- Alfred Camero, Jr, MD: has been elected Chief Resident for the upcoming academic year at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio.
- Candice Crichlow, MD: currently an internal medicine resident at Medstar Union Memorial Hospital.
- Daniel E. Ezekwudo, MD: currently a resident at Central Michigan University.
- Vineet Gudsoorkar, MD: currently Chief Resident in internal medicine at Houston Methodist Hospital.
- Abdalla Hassan, MD: an Internal Medicine first-year resident at Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center.
- John Hunninghake, MD: completing an internal medicine residency at the San Antonio Military Medical Center.
- Dilasha Katwal, MD: currently a first year resident in internal medicine at the Montefiore New Rochelle Hospital.
- Suwen Kumar, MD: a clinical instructor and resident in the Department of Internal Medicine at Michigan State University.
- Marvin Louis Roy Lu, MD: currently a second year resident in internal medicine at Einstein Medical Center.
- Catherine Matte, MD,CM: a second year resident at McGill University.
- Ryan Murphy, MD: an internal medicine resident at the University of Colorado, Denver.
- Loheetha Ragupathi, MD: a second year internal medicine resident at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital.
- Irbaz Bin Riaz MBBS, MM: a third year resident and graduate student at University of Arizona.
- John Smirniotopoulos, MD: a Transitional Intern at MedStar Georgetown University Hospital and INOVA Fairfax Hospital in the Department of Internal Medicine.
- Nathaniel C. Warner, MD: an internal medicine resident at the Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center.
- Jennifer Yui, MD: an internal medicine resident at the Mayo Clinic.
- Jandark Yuseif, MD: a second year internal medicine resident at Wayne State University.
About the American College of Physicians
The American College of Physicians is the largest medical specialty organization and the second-largest physician group in the United States. ACP members include 141,000 internal medicine physicians (internists), related subspecialists, and medical students. Internal medicine physicians are specialists who apply scientific knowledge and clinical expertise to the diagnosis, treatment, and compassionate care of adults across the spectrum from health to complex illness. Follow ACP on Twitter and Facebook.