SAN DIEGO, April 24, 2023 – The American College of Physicians (ACP) is honoring six chief residents as winners of the Herbert S. Waxman Chief Resident Teaching Scholarships at Internal Medicine Meeting 2023, ACP’s annual scientific meeting taking place April 27-29 in San Diego.
The 2023 chief resident awardees are:
- Simrun Bal, M.D., Department of Internal Medicine at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center (Dartmouth Health) in Lebanon, New Hampshire.
- Michelle Sandoval Cabanas, M.D., University of Cincinnati Medical Center (UCMC) and Cincinnati Childrens Hospital in Cincinnati, OH.
- Andrea Davis, M.D., Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, TN.
- W. Grant Day, M.D., Naval Medical Center Portsmouth and the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences in Portsmouth, Virginia.
- Steffi Hu, M.D., The University of Texas Health Science Center Houston.
- Husam Salah, M.D., Department of Internal Medicine at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences.
ACP established the Herbert S. Waxman Chief Resident Teaching Scholarships in 2014 to recognize outstanding chief medical residents and to provide them an opportunity to assist teaching popular workshops under the guidance and mentorship of expert faculty in the Clinical Skills Center at ACP’s annual scientific meeting.
ACP’s Clinical Skills Center is a collection of educational activities that provides hand-on learning under the guidance of expert faculty, interactive self-study, and other events and exhibits designed to improve physician well-being and professional satisfaction.
About the American College of Physicians
The American College of Physicians is the largest medical specialty organization in the United States with members in more than 145 countries worldwide. ACP membership includes 160,000 internal medicine physicians, related subspecialists, and medical students. Internal medicine physicians are specialists who apply scientific knowledge and clinical expertise to the diagnosis, treatment, and compassionate care of adults across the spectrum from health to complex illness. Follow ACP on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
Media Contact: Andrew Hachadorian, email@example.com, (215) 351-2514