Writers Wellness Workshop
Join us for the Writers Wellness Workshop
monthly starting September 7, 2022
Stories Heal and Reveal: A Radical Listening and Reflective Writing Workshop
During these workshops we will practice radical listening, reflective writing, and sharing of stories. We can build on these expressions and insights by coaching on next steps and further exploration of thought.
Occurs the first Wednesday of each month 8pm eastern on zoom. Register Today!
- ResetMD Podcast - ResetMD showcases physicians discussing their well-being stories and pearls of wisdom for well-being
Feed Your Brain
- TED talk by Elizabeth Cox (5 min): What is Imposter Syndrome and how can you combat it?
- TED talk by Alison Ledgerwood, Ph.D. (10 min): Getting stuck in the negatives (and how to get unstuck)
- Journal Article: ”Putting Feelings Into Words: Affect Labeling as Implicit Emotion Regulation”
- BMJ Journal Article: "45 Good Things" - research study about a daily gratitude exercise done by physicians, nurses and other providers has been shown to improve wellness
Feed Your Soul
- Book: Together by Vivek H. Murthy, MD, Surgeon General of the US - about the epidemic of loneliness he saw across the country
- Podcast: Empowering Women Physicians by Dr. Sunny Smith (Episode 20 - Affect Labeling)
- TED Talk by Sara Cameron (12 min): How to turn busy into balance
- TED Talk by entrepreneur Mike Cannon-Brookes (14 min): How you can use Imposter Syndrome to your benefit
- Video by Kari Romeo (15 min): Teach Your Inner Critic a New Story
Celebrate the Wins
- We all have a tendency to focus on the negatives or the times we fell short. What if we focused more on our wins? If we make it a priority, we can shift our thoughts to the many areas of our lives for which we are thankful.
- Ways to reflect on wins:
- What is a new skill you have learned or a current skill you have strengthened?
- What is something that isn't on your CV that you are proud of?
- What are three things you are grateful for?
Virtual Doctor's Lounge Events
The Hallway Consults have been rebranded in our collaboration with the GA chapter and you now have an invitation to come rest and talk with your colleagues in the Virtual Doctor’s Lounge. We will be hanging out the second Thursday of each month at 7pm eastern time so save the date! For more information and dates, visit the News and Meetings page.
Marion McCrary MD, FACP, NBC-HWC
NC ACP Well-being Champion