You are here
November 18, 2022
Well-being Champion Resources That Facilitate Networking and Interventions
As emphasized by an article recently published by the Mayo Clinic Proceedings and the U.S. Surgeon General's Advisory on Building a Thriving Health Workforce, the occupational burnout and dissatisfaction among physicians necessitate system-level interventions.
In this issue of I.M. Thriving, we provide the necessary tools for Well-being Champions to implement timely interventions in their chapters and organizations to tackle work-related stress and promote well-being. We also provide opportunities for networking, particularly in group coaching.
We look forward to hearing from you! Please e-mail email@example.com with your thoughts and suggestions for newsletter topics and features.
Check out the links below for resources you can use for yourself and others:
- Visit the I.M. Emotional Support Hub and Video Series to learn more about individual and organizational strategies and resources to protect clinicians' emotional health.
- Explore Well-being Champion (WBC) resources, including coaching sign-ups, the WBC contact list, a library of well-being interventions, and the WBC journey map. Find out how chapters can partner with WBCs (must be signed-in to ACP online).
- Watch Game Plan Refresh Series videos for trained WBCs. Revisit strategies learned during your WBC training and new skills to grow your toolkit to support you and your colleagues.
- Submit an abstract for consideration to present at the annual Quality and Well-being Champion Networking Reception. Check out a new website dedicated to “Compassion Moments: Skills for Patient Care & Self Care” designed by our Utah WBC, Sonia Raaum, MD, FACP.
- Learn how to modernize license and credentialing applications to destigmatize mental health, discover clinician well-being initiatives and research studies, and visit the ACP Advance QI Curriculum to guide your ongoing projects.
- Read about “How Health Systems Can Improve Relationships with Their Doctors” and lifestyle behaviors we can adapt for well-being from our pets.
- Review Patients Before Paperwork and advocacy updates that affect physician well-being and professional fulfillment.
Your ACP Well-being Team
Please log your Well-being Champion activities in your new and improved Well-being Champion Activities Tracker!