Transforming Internal Medicine: Well-being Leaders Hold and Create Spaces for Support, Growth, and Healing Where We Are
Included in this issue are resources that highlight well-being leaders' active efforts to create and sustain safe and healthy environments that promote well-being and professional fulfillment in the practice of medicine.
We spotlight tools—including practical tips on reinforcing an antiharassment culture; promoting inclusivity, trust, and collegiality; and supporting a diverse workforce—to help you create spaces for support, growth, and healing where you are. Visit ACP's Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) page to learn more about ACP's commitment and efforts to confront and eliminate racism, racial disparities, discrimination, bias, and inequities in health and health care.
We are excited to hear what you think! Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your thoughts and suggestions for newsletter topics and features.
Check out the links below for more resources you can use for yourself and others (ACP Online login required):
- Watch webinar recordings on rebuilding trust and DEI topics.
- Learn about “Actions and Activities that a Healthcare Organization Can Take to Support Its Physician Workforce Well-Being During COVID-19 and Beyond” and check out the new ACP Resident Well-being Curriculum other noteworthy resources.
- Discover Practical Tips on Reinforcing an Antiharassment Culture from Anne. L. Becker, MD, and learn how to combat loneliness through “Building Community, One Connection at a Time” with a complement action-oriented exercise from Kerri Palamara, MD, MACP.
- Read about the importance of civility for thriving teams.
- Review The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) recently posted additional FAQs for the Interoperability and Patient Access Final Rule.
As always, please join us on Twitter at #dontworryalone, post in your ACP Champion forum, and reach out to us any time at email@example.com.
Your ACP Well-being Team
Please log your Well-being Champion activities in your new and improved Well-being Champion Activities Tracker!