Clinician Well-being Resources in the Intersection of Advocacy and Quality to Help Meet Evolving Individual, Community, and Systems Needs
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. once said, “Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.” In this issue of I.M. Thriving, we are highlighting clinician well-being resources that help bridge to actionable next steps to make our voices heard and actively engage in clinician well-being efforts from where we are.
ACP and YouTube have released two new video series focused on COVID-19 and vaccine education: “Ask Your Internist,“ featuring physicians who answer the public's top vaccine-related questions, and “Physician to Physician Conversations,“ which shares practical strategies for physicians to address vaccine and health misinformation with patients. Several of the episodes will also be offered in Spanish.
Episodes of each of these series can be viewed on the ACP YouTube channel, and new videos will be uploaded throughout the next few months. All videos are fewer than five minutes long and feature music and attractive graphics.
As part of ACP's I.M. Emotional Support campaign, ACP and your fellow members have developed a series of brief videos that offer practical strategies to cope with daily burdens.
Take a few minutes to watch these videos, then share them with a colleague who may need support. There are over 10 videos in the series that address a wide range of topics, including:
We hope that the resources in this issue will be helpful and meet evolving well-being and connection needs as they come. Feel free to reach out to our team with questions, feedback, recommendations, or if we may be of assistance at anytime.
ACP is committed to supporting you and the entire internal medicine community during these challenging times and always. Let's weather the storm together.
We look forward to hearing from you! Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your thoughts and suggestions for newsletter topics and features.
Check out the links below for more resources you can use for yourself and others:
- Check out two new video series in partnership with YouTube and ACP focused on COVID-19 and vaccine education: “Ask Your Internist,” featuring physicians who answer the public's top vaccine-related questions, and “Physician to Physician Conversations,”
- In case you missed it a new series of brief videos developed by ACP and your fellow members that offer strategies to cope with daily burdens. Take a few minutes to watch these videos, then share them with a colleague who may need support.
- Visit the I.M. Emotional Support Hub to learn more about individual and organizational resources and information to protect clinicians' emotional health.
- Sign-up for opportunities to connect through clinician well-being events developed by your fellow Champions.
- Amplify ten changes that could keep clinicians in the workforce in a pandemic, Four key questions leaders can ask to support clinicians during the COVID-19 pandemic recovery phase, plus, discover steps on how to proactively change inappropriate credentialing application questions.
- Check out noteworthy resources including ACP toolkits on designing your own well-being program, implementing and sustaining change, and developing team-based clinical care models. Highlighted this month is a recording of promoting well-being in residency programs through quality improvement coaching and the 2021 ACP Physicians' Financial Preparedness Report for reference.
- Review ACP Joins Amicus Briefs in Support of Vaccine Mandates, ACP 2021 Advocacy in Review, and Patients Before Paperwork initiative updates.
- Pin the Well-being and Professional Fulfillment webpage to your MYACP today (top right of the page).
Your ACP Well-being Team
Please log your Well-being Champion activities in your new and improved Well-being Champion Activities Tracker!