Brochures & Guidebooks
Live Better With Rheumatoid Arthritis
The ACP and its team of experts, along with the Arthritis Foundation, have developed a self-management guide: Live Better with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The guide covers different RA medicines and treatments, along with tips for healthy eating and exercise. The guide also gives advice on how to make everyday activities easier and coping with your feelings. Available in both English and Spanish.
Lose Weight Guide - Make it Happen
Just like our previous guides, the same team of experts, along with people who have either lost weight or are trying to lose weight, helped design Make It Happen! In this guide, you will find valuable information to help with the struggle of losing weight and with helpful tips for making healthier choices. You will learn how to eat better, move more, sleep well and stress less.
Living with Diabetes
The ACP Foundation in conjunction with a team of experts, developed a diabetes self management guide, Living with Diabetes. The guide covers diet, exercise, monitoring blood sugar, foot exams, insulin and other medicines. Available in English, Spanish and Chinese.
Living with COPD - Out of stock
The ACP Foundation in conjunction with a team of experts, developed a COPD self-management guide: Living with COPD: An Everyday Guide for You and Your Family. The guide covers areas such as living well with COPD, getting the most out of medicines, becoming more active, planning for when your breathing gets worse and smoking cessation. Available in English and Spanish.
Caring for Your Heart
Using the core team of experts and the same rigorous method for developing material, the team developed Caring for Your Heart: An Everyday Guide for You and Your Family. The guide will help you,eat right, be active, get the most from your medicines, understanding your feelings, respond to chest pains and free yourself from smoking. Use these tips to start taking care of yourself one step at a time. Available in English and Spanish.
Keeping Your Heart Healthy
"Keeping Your Heart Healthy" is a booklet designed to facilitate provider-patient communication around acute coronary syndrome. This booklet gives patients and families information on lifestyle modifications, medications and supplements, and recovery issues. Color coded sections emphasize necessary actions such as when to call 911 or the doctor. Ships in boxes of 50 booklets plus a Practice Guide for clinicians to make the most of the first post-discharge office visit.
You can download these guidebooks below in PDF format for free.
- Managing Your High Cholesterol (in English and Spanish)
- Afib (Atrial Fibrillation) Booklet
- Prediabetes Booklet
- Prediabetes Booklet (Spanish)
- Give Your Health a Shot: A Guide to Vaccines and Adult Wellness
- Believe in Healthy Blood Pressure, A Guide for Blacks or African Americans
- You're in Control: Managing Type 2 Diabetes
- Know Your Numbers: A Guide to Manage High Blood Pressure
- A Guide to Managing Respiratory Infections
- A Guide to Peripheral Artery Disease
- Depression: A Guide for Older Americans
- Managing Chronic Pain: A Guide for Patients
- A Guide to Bipolar Disorder
- Alzheimer’s Disease: A Guide for Patients and Families
- Guide to a Restful Sleep
- A Guide to Gastroesophageal Disease
- Managing Migraine: How to Prevent and Control Migraine Headaches
- Living with Asthma: A Guide for African American Families
- Living Life to the Fullest: A Guide for HIV Positive African Americans (DVD)
- 5 Keys to a Healthy Heart: A Guide for African Americans
- Living With Diabetes: A Guide for African Americans
- How Investment Fraud Can Affect Your Health
Guidebooks in Spanish