You are here
Coronary Heart Disease Screening: CME and MOC
Physicians enrolled in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program can earn 5 medical knowledge points for successfully completing the quiz based on Beyond the Guidelines: Periodic Health Examinations.
CME and MOC activities are available free to ACP members and purchased subscriptions. Others who are interested in completing this MOC activity can learn more about ACP membership and individual subscriptions to Annals of Internal Medicine.
To earn MOC points:
- Read Should We Screen for Coronary Heart Disease in Asymptomatic Persons? Grand Rounds Discussion From Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, available at annals.org.
- Take the Coronary Heart Disease Screening quiz to submit your answers to the 15 questions and transfer the information to the ABIM. Important: Even if you have submitted answers to the CME quiz on annals.org, you will need to re-enter your answers into the online MOC submission form.
- Successful completion of the quiz - score of 60% or higher -- qualifies for 5 ABIM MOC points.
To earn CME credits:
- Read Should We Screen for Coronary Heart Disease in Asymptomatic Persons? Grand Rounds Discussion From Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and complete the related CME Course, available at cme.annals.org.
- Successful completion of the CME Course - score of 100% -- qualifies for 5 CME credits.
The American College of Physicians is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing education for physicians.
The American College of Physicians designates this Enduring Material, Coronary Heart Disease Screening, for a maximum of 3 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- You will need to log in with your ACP Online username and password. If you have not yet done so, create an account now.
- CME credit is also available on cme.annals.org.
For questions please call ACP Customer Service at 800-523-1546, x2600 or 215-351-2600 or submit your question online.
Physicians maintaining their American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) certification can go to ABIM.org to see the specific requirements for MOC.