Physicians enrolled in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program can earn 5 medical knowledge points for successfully completing the quiz based on the Annals Supplement on Michigan Appropriateness Guide to Intravenous Catheters (MAGIC) Quiz.
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 5 medical knowledge MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME provider's responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
CME and MOC activities are available free to ACP members and purchased subscriptions. Others who are interested in completing this MOC activity can learn more about ACP membership and individual subscriptions to Annals of Internal Medicine.
To earn MOC points:
- Complete and submit the Earn MOC for all CME form to enroll for automatic MOC submission upon completing CME activities at Annals.org.
- Read the Michigan Appropriateness Guide to Intravenous Catheters (MAGIC) article, available online at Annals.org.
- Complete the CME Activity (instructions below) with a score of 100% to qualify for 5 ABIM MOC points.
Please allow up to two weeks for the MOC points to appear on your ABIM transcript upon completing the activity.
To earn CME credits:
- Complete the Michigan Appropriateness Guide to Intravenous Catheters (MAGIC) Course, available at cme.annals.org.
- Successful completion of the CME Course—score of 100%—qualifies for 5 CME credits.
The American College of Physicians is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing education for physicians.
The American College of Physicians designates this Enduring Material, the Annals Supplement on Michigan Appropriateness Guide to Intravenous Catheters (MAGIC), for a maximum of 3 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- You will need to log in with your ACP Online username and password. If you have not yet done so, create an account now.
- CME credit is also available on cme.annals.org.
Questions? Please contact us.
Physicians maintaining their American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) certification can go to ABIM.org to see the specific requirements for MOC.