The need for primary care physicians, who can provide first contact and comprehensive continuous care for adults, will continue to rise as the population ages, its health care needs increase, and the demand for acute, chronic, and long-term care escalates.
Learn more about how ACP is addressing this issue to ensure the voice of internists are heard.
- ACP letter to House Energy & Commerce Committee on Graduate Medical Education (16-Jan-15)
- Joint Letter to Senate on Preserving Medicare Funding for GME (20-Nov-13)
- Letter to Chairmen and Ranking Members of House and Senate Appropriations Committees supporting funding for workforce commission (20-May-13)
- ACP letter of support for S. 616, the Conrad State 30 and Physician Access Act (1-May-13)
- Letter to Representatives Crowley and Grimm regarding their GME legislation H.R. 1180 -Resident Physician Shortage Reduction Act of 2013 (17-Apr-13)
- ACP letter to Representative Cathy McMorris Rodgers in support of H.R. 487, the Primary Care Workforce Access and Improvement Act of 2013 (16-Apr-13)
- ACP letter to Senators Nelson, Schumer, and Reid supporting S. 577, the Resident Physician Shortage Reduction Act of 2013 (16-Apr-13)
- ACP letter to Reps Aaron Schock and Allyson Schwartz supporting H.R. 1201, The Training Tomorrow's Doctors Today Act (16-Apr-13)
- Statement for the Record of the American College of Physicians to the House Appropriations Subcommittee on Labor, Health and Human Services, Education, and Related Agencies (15-Mar-13)
- Joint Letter Urging Increased Funding for Public Health (4-Mar-13)
- Letter to the President: Funding Title VII VIII and to the House and Senate (27-Feb-13)
- House and Senate Letter Title VII VIII (27-Feb-13)
- Comments on Medicaid, Children’s Health Insurance Programs, and Exchanges (21-Feb-13)
- FY2013 Budget, Department of Health and Human Services (29-Mar-12)
- Letter to Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers in support of H.R. 3667, the Primary Care Workforce Access and Improvement Act of 2011 (28-Mar-12)
- Joint Letter to the House and Senate Appropriations Committees Urging Increased Funding for the Sec 747 Training in Primary Care Medicine program for FY2013 (20-Mar-12)
- Letter to Sen. Conrad in support of S. 1979, the "Conrad State 30 Improvement Act" (26-Jan-12)
- Joint Letter from IM Community to Senators on Request to IOM for Review of GME System (24-Jan-12)
- Aligning GME Policy with the Nation's Health Care Workforce Needs, ACP Policy Paper (7-Sep-11)
- Five Prescriptions for Ensuring the Future of Primary Care (May-11)
- Solutions to the Challenges Facing Primary Care Medicine (20-Apr-09)
- Search the Library
ACP Policies and Recommendations
This library is a collection of ACP's Clinical Guidelines, Ethical Guidelines, Policy Statements, and copies of testimony and letters to government and non-government officials.
The ACP Advocate Blog
Goodbye and Good Riddance to the SGR
- Wednesday, April 15, 2015
When it comes to SGR repeal, is the glass half empty? Or half full?
- Friday, March 27, 2015
More on the SGR bill: beyond repeal, what else is in it?
- Tuesday, March 24, 2015
The ACP Advocate Newsletter
The SGR Repealed, Health IT Interoperability, and Changes to Short-Term
April 17, 2015
Developments on SGR Repeal and ACP's Dynamic Guide for Congress
April 3, 2015
- ACA Enrollment Figures, New Study on Physician Shortage, and ACP on
March 20, 2015