You are here
Jobs at the American College of Physicians (ACP)
Explore the possibility of a career at ACP! The American College of Physicians is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to age, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity, national origin, parental status, handicap or disability, or Vietnam-era veteran status or any other military status, political affiliation, or any non-merit based factor.
We have offices in downtown Philadelphia, PA and Washington, DC.
Department: Production and Electronic Publishing
Location: Philadelphia, PA Office
The American College of Physicians (ACP) is seeking a full-time Journal Copyeditor in its Publishing division, which is responsible for copyediting and producing Annals of Internal Medicine, a prestigious, high-impact journal for internists. ACP, a national organization of internists with headquarters in Philadelphia, is the largest medical specialty organization and the second-largest physician group in the United States with more than 163,000 members worldwide.
The Journal Copyeditor will copyedit and proofread of journal content, which is focused on internal medicine, with moderate supervision; perform structural editing tasks; and coordinate some electronic projects. In addition, the successful candidate will also edit documents for Marketing, Communications, and other College departments. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Creating technical reviews for manuscripts tentatively accepted for publication, including estimating page length and evaluating length requirements; evaluating clarity and relevance of artwork; and communicating and negotiating further changes through an iterative process with the author
- Copyediting journal articles and performing associated production tasks
- Performing quality assurance checks on articles staged on the journal's website prior to online publication, including all associated elements (multimedia, disclosures, related links, and other ancillary content)
- Copyediting and proofreading all Editorial Services work, which includes but is not limited to marketing brochures and mailings, Chapter brochures, and all materials for the Internal Medicine meeting
A bachelor's degree and at least one year of copyediting experience is required, with knowledge of medical terminology highly desired. Successful candidates will be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, have good oral and written communications skills, and will have knowledge of XML and HTML. Preference will be given to applicants who have experience with AMA Manual of Style.
HRIS Data & Support Analyst
Department: Human Resources
Location: Philadelphia, PA Office
The American College of Physicians (ACP), a prestigious medical membership association for doctors of internal medicine located in Philadelphia, is seeking a HRIS Data & Support Analyst with expertise in a broad spectrum of functional areas such as: ADP Workforce Now functionality, and Social media engagement.
Together with the HR Director, the HRIS Data & Support Analyst coordinates with technical/non-technical teams on ADP Workforce NOW’s implementation, maintenance, and functionality. Additionally, this position manages the setup and day-to-day operations of the HR social media accounts.
ACP offers a competitive salary, superior benefits, and a supportive work environment.
The HRIS Data & Support Analyst’s primary responsibilities include:
- Assisting in the implementation and maintenance of ADP learning system modules
- Coordinating with HR/Payroll implementation team and ADP implementation/services teams to ensure proper implementation of all modules including: Recruitment, and Performance Management
- Creating SOP’s for all ADP modules, and providing internal tech support for ADP as needed
- Developing, automating, and interpreting learning system reports
- Running training sessions and workshops on system usage and processes
- Occasional travel (Phila and DC offices)
- Main point of contact for HR social media accounts (i.e. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, You Tube, and Google analytics).
- Assisting with creating content for social media
- Working with other HR staff to coordinate daily updates to social media platforms
- Ensuring that relevant comments/questions are responded to and any complaints are handled appropriately
Bachelor's degree and/or 5+ years of relevant experience required. 2+ years in a client-facing role assisting with ADP Learning platform implementations and robust experience in a SaaS environment preferred. Must have experience with technical implementations and business process management/automation.
Demonstrated ability to work with both technical and non-technical stakeholders. Workforce Now system admin, and implementation specialist certifications are a plus.
Advertising Sales Representative
Department: Advertising Sales
Location: Philadelphia, PA Office
Are you someone who is highly motivated, has a positive attitude, and is determined to succeed? Have you worked in a fast-paced, deadline-driven sales environment? Are you looking for a team-oriented opportunity?
If so, the American College of Physicians (ACP), the nation’s largest medical specialty membership association located in Philadelphia, wants you to consider our Advertising Sales Representative position.
The position involves the selling of physician recruitment and classified advertisements in ACP’s publications, associated electronic newsletters, and the ACP Career Connection website. The successful candidate will be accountable for prospecting, marketing, selling, and developing existing and new accounts in an assigned territory.
In this role, you will actively maintain sales contacts via email, telephone, and networking at industry functions with written proposals and presentations to physician recruiters, advertising agencies and other potential clients
- Maintain existing relationships and establish new client relationships through regular contact by phone, email, and attending conferences and ACP’s annual meeting.
- Make cold calls on potential clients listed in the contact management database.
- Provide written proposals and price quotes for individual ads and discuss options based on the client’s needs and budget.
- Generate new business by researching leads in competitor publications and websites.
- Follow up on ad renewals and expired renewals with established clients to encourage clients to rerun ads.
- Regularly updates contact information in Goldmine, our contact management system. Documents every communication, email, phone call, etc. with a client, and refers to this detailed history when interacting with both established and potential clients.
- Is knowledgeable about print and digital advertising and all ACP advertising offerings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Advertising or Marketing preferred.
- Proven success in the sale of print and digital recruitment ads preferably in the physician and healthcare industries.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Goldmine or other advertising contact management database.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple and simultaneous deadlines.
- Must be able to communicate professionally (oral/written) to all levels of the organization and with third parties
- Ability to travel domestically
Director, Graphic Services
Department: Graphic Services
Location: Philadelphia, PA Office
The American College of Physicians (ACP), a prestigious medical membership association for doctors of internal medicine located in Philadelphia, is seeking a Director of Graphic Services to lead ACP’s graphic and production services team to create and deliver design strategies that support the organization’s brand, business objectives, and strategic priorities.
The Director is accountable for determining the best ways to represent the College’s corporate brand and its products and services in digital and print mediums, and for implementing design solutions in a manner that meets quality standards for design, layout, and production. Their primary responsibilities include:
- Leading, developing, and coaching the department’s staff, and managing its budget
- Creating and evaluating print and digital design concepts within the context of the client’s specifications and branding
- Collaborating across departments with project owners to drive their vision forward
- Providing support to graphic designers throughout the design process and presenting design solutions to project owners
- Working with production and direct mail staff to ensure projects are completed accurately and on time
- Selecting and maintaining relationships with print and direct mail vendors
A bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Marketing, or a related field is required, along with several years of experience in a management position. Qualified candidates should be well versed in print and digital design concepts, production methods, direct mail operations, and vendor relations. The successful candidate will be a strategic and critical thinker with the ability to analyze situations, identify problems, and recommend solutions. The Director works closely with project owners throughout the organization and must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Senior Associate, Regulatory Affairs
Department: Regulatory Affairs
Location: Washington, DC
The Governmental Affairs & Public Policy Division of the American College of Physicians (ACP) is looking to hire a Senior Associate, Regulatory Affairs based out of its Washington, DC office. ACP, a national organization of internists, is the largest medical specialty organization and the second-largest physician group in the United States with 163,000 members worldwide.
The Senior Associate, Regulatory Affairs will analyze the impact of federal regulatory and legislative proposals related to Medicare Quality Payment Program (QPP) and other value-based payment and delivery system initiatives, develop ACP policy positions, and advocate positions to officials representing government and other organizations. Specific responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Composing and developing policy papers, letters, documents, and reports to support ACP viewpoints with a high degree of detail and understanding
- Developing and maintaining communication channels with CMS, the CMS Innovation Center, other federal and state agencies, and other relevant organizations to help ACP provide feedback on and influence their activities that relate to value-based payment and delivery system initiatives
- Creating and presenting reports to the ACP Board of Regents, ACP Chapter leaders, and members
- Providing lead staff support for the Council of Subspecialty Societies (CSS), and assisting in the staffing of other related committees
- Collaborating with other staff on the Regulatory Affairs team, as well as with other departments within the College, regarding issues related to Health IT, medical coding and payment, and alternative payment models
A bachelor’s degree is required; a master’s in public health, public policy, or health services administration is highly desired, with at least three years of relevant experience. The successful candidate will have:
- Knowledge of federal regulatory and legislative processes with an emphasis on the Medicare QPP, other value-based payment and delivery system programs, and demonstrated policy analysis experience
- Experience in government relations and in addressing physician issues regarding Medicare and private payer policies and payment reform, preferably with a medical organization
- The ability to understand and analyze complex health regulation/legislation issues, to develop letters, position papers, and material that summarizes them
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to interact with and make presentations to leaders and members of the College, as well as government officials
Associate, Member Fund Development
Department: Donor Development and Office of Grants
Location: Washington, DC
The American College of Physicians (ACP) is looking for a creative fundraising professional for the Associate of Member Fund Development position in its Washington, DC office. ACP, the professional association for internists with headquarters in Philadelphia, is the largest medical specialty organization and the second-largest physician association in the United States with more than 163,000 members worldwide.
In collaboration with the Director of Donor Development, the Associate will assist in the development of new major giving and annual fund programs in order to grow individual member philanthropy. Primary responsibilities include:
- Designing an annual fund communication and donor solicitation plan, and establishing a fundraising strategy and goals
- Creating reports to analyze donor activity and identify potential major gift prospects, and maintaining detailed records of donor participation
- Coordinating fundraising efforts with various departments, board members, and chapter leadership
- Conducting individual outreach to donors and/or establishing connections between donors and volunteer leadership
- Helping to plan and execute fundraising events, including logistical activities and the development of informational materials
Qualified applicants will possess a Bachelor’s degree and five or more years of progressive experience in fund and donor development programs. Must have experience with prospect management system reporting (Personify a plus), and experience in a professional membership association setting is highly preferred. The successful candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, analytical abilities, attention to detail, and a desire to build a fundraising program from the ground up.