You are here
Local Links & Resources
Health-Related Web Sites in Air Force Medicine
- USAF Medical Service; Surgeon General Home Page
- National Institutes of Health
- Wilford Hall Medical Center
- Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences (USUHS) Club Med
- The Military Vaccines Web Site
- CDC Bioterrorism Branch
Major Medical Centers
- 74th Medical Group - Wright-Patterson AFB/Medical Center
- 59th Medical Wing - Lackland AFB
- 60th Medical Group - David Grant Medical Center, Travis AFB
Medical Student Resources
- Club Med Schedules
- Student Opportunities
Medical Student Advisory Council (MSAC) Resources
Student Discussion Group
The Student Discussion Group was developed to form mentoring relationships, ask questions, post their biographies, and more! Be sure to start your subject line with "AF" so that everyone knows this is a topic of discussion for Air Force students.
Medical students can use ACP's Student Discussion Group to:
1) Join ACP and the MSAC.
2) Ask a question about the Air Force, internal medicine, operating as an Air Force internist, training programs, operational opportunities or any related question. Air Force internists around the globe will respond with their views on the matter.
3) Respond to questions asked of MSAC members.
4) View responses to questions posed on this site and add your own input to the discussion.
5) Find Air Force internists that have had experiences that interest you and contact them directly.
6) Get updated on the happenings of the MSAC.
Additional ACP Resources for Medical Students
- ACP Information for Medical Student Members
- Internal Medicine Interest Group Resource Guide
- IMpact - ACP's quarterly newsletter for students
- Student Discussion Group
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Mentoring Database - Search for a mentor within the ACP community to provide you with personal and professional guidance.
National Council of Student Members
- To view more information about the Council, visit the CSM Web site.
- Contact your Council of Student Members-Military Liaison (Army, Navy, Air Force), Anna Makela, with any questions or comments.
Selecting a Residency Program
- Internal Medicine Careers
- Residency Programs and Selection
- Residency Database Search - Search the College's complete list of internal medicine residency programs in the United States. With this database, you will get an overview of the program as provided by the internal medicine department or you will be linked directly into the program's Web site.
If there are medical sites you find very useful and think that others might as well, please let us know. Also, if you think information in an annotation should be modified, we'd be interested in those comments as well. You can e-mail your suggestions to the Governor, William Hannah, MD FACP.
- ACP's Career Connection
- ACP JournalWise
- Annals of Internal Medicine
- Center for Ethics and Professionalism - focuses on policy development and implementation on issues related to medical ethics and professionalism
- DynaMed Plus®
- Maintenance of Certification - ACP offers Recertification Assistance and Resources
- Patient Education Resources and Tools
- Physician & Practice Timeline
- Practice Advisor
- Practice Management Issues and Resources
- Quality Improvement: Pay-for-Performance and Practice Redesign - provides information and resources on ACP policies and activities related to the national health care quality movement
- Volunteering as a Physician